Full-day Tour to Murano and Burano islands from Venice Train Station
Why choose this experience?
|1||You will visit Murano and Burano and discover their fascinating craft traditions, glass blowing and lace making.|
|2||Boarding is five minutes from Santa Lucia train station and Piazzale Roma, ideal for those coming to Venice by train, bus or car.|
|3||You will also enjoy an extended stop for more than an hour in St Mark’s Square, the heart of the city.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 191 people
Until 16 September 2022Departure point:
In front of KFC Restaurant, near Calatrava Bridge (from Venice Santa Lucia train station, go towards Piazzale Roma bus terminal; before crossing the Calatrava Bridge, you will find KFC Restaurant on your right).
COVID-19: the use of a FFP2 face mask is mandatory on board for the duration of the tour.
To take part in the tour, a Enhanced Green Pass (vaccination passport) is required.
- After the confirmation of your booking, you can download a voucher, which will also be sent to you via email. Please remember that you will be requested to show it, either a paper copy or on mobile devices. Make sure you have it with you!
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the departure time. At the meeting point, the tour leader will wait for you with a sign with the name of the tour.
- Locate in advance the meeting point to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- The tour has a variable duration (around 7 hours and 30 min) based on the number of participants and resulting type of vessel used.
- The stop in Murano (approx. 1 hour) includes an optional visit to a glass factory, with a short demonstration of the art of glass blowing, and time at leisure. Stops in Burano (approx. 1 hour and 40 min.) and in Venice in St Mark’s Square (1 hour and 30 min.) are at leisure. Adhere to the times instructed by the staff: the excursion will restart at the scheduled time, without waiting for any latecomers.
The shuttle service from from the railway station to St Mark’s Riva degli Schiavoni – the starting point of the three-island tour of Venice - and vice versa is included in the tour price.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, this tour is not recommended to people with limited mobility.
- This is a shared tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- This is a multilingual tour.
- Only small dogs with muzzle are allowed on board.
- The boat is equipped with a covered cabin therefore the excursion will take place even in case of bad weather.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
During this boat tour, you will set off to discover the islands of Murano and Burano directly from the train station, a particularly convenient solution for those who do not want to reach the pier at St Mark’s on foot or by vaporetto, from where the tours of the lagoon usually depart.
During navigation, on board a comfortable motor ship with a panoramic deck and covered cabin, an expert local guide will give you all the information on the places you will visit, enriched with anecdotes, interesting facts and history references to Venice’s area.
This is the only boat tour offering the chance to both visit Murano and Burano, and to spend some time in Venice: before returning to the station, the boat will stop in St Mark’s Square for more than one hour during which time you can wander through the alleyways of the historic center.
- Boarding: sit comfortably on the panoramic deck and enjoy the half hour trip to the heart of Venice, St Mark’s Bay. Here the motorboat will dock to welcome other guests and leave for Murano, the first stop on this itinerary.
- The stop in Murano lasts about an hour: you can visit one of the ancient glass factories and watch a demonstration of the art of glass blowing. If, on the other hand, you want to visit the island at leisure, let the crew know and present yourself at the departure time towards colorful Burano.
- In Burano your photos don't need filters: here every shot is a postcard! You will have an hour and 40 minutes to wander through the alleyways, bite into a bussolà, the traditional biscuit of the island, and visit the characteristic shops that display the precious Burano lace.
- The last stop can only be St Mark’s Square, the centre stage of the history of the Serenissima Republic. Here you will have an hour and a half to admire its famous monuments and stroll through the heart of the city.
- You will then board the boat to return to the starting point, Santa Lucia train station.
Do you want to discover other boat tours of the Venetian islands? Check out our ''Venetian Islands Tour' ' page. There is something for everyone!