Full-day tour to Murano, Burano and Torcello from Fusina
Duration: approx. 8 hours and 30 minutes
- € 30.00
Why choose this experience?
|1||The starting point is the best option for those arriving from the mainland: leave the car at the Fusina terminal and get onboard a few steps from the car park.|
|2||Visit the three beautiful islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello and enjoy a relaxing boat trip taking you on a discovery of the lagoon from south to north.|
|3||Whilst sailing, an expert tour guide will tell you anecdotes, interesting facts and stories about the places you will be visiting.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 302 people
From 1 April to 31 October 2021 (except on September 5)Departure point:
Pier of public transport FUSINA stop in Fusina (VE)
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the boarding point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the departure time. At the meeting point, the tour leader will wait for you with a sign with the name of the tour.
- Present this voucher at Fusina parking to get a €5.00 discount on the parking fee!
- Locate in advance the meeting point to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- The tour has a variable duration (approx. 8 and a half hours) based on the number of participants and resulting type of vessel.
- During the stop in Murano (approx. 1 hour) you have the choice to visit a glass factory with a short demonstration of the art of blown glass, and also time at leisure. The stop in Burano (approx. 2 hours) is completely at leisure and the same applies to the visit of Torcello (around 1 hour). Adhere to the times instructed by the staff: the excursion will restart at the scheduled time, without waiting for any latecomers.
- Due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, this tour is not recommended to people with limited mobility.
- This tour is shared, so there might be other people with you.This is a multilingual tour.
- Only small dogs with muzzle are allowed on board.
- The boat is equipped with a covered cabin therefore the excursion will take place even in case of bad weather.
- COVID-19: the use of a face mask is mandatory for the duration of the tour.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
During this full-day boat tour you will visit the three major islands of the lagoon starting from Terminal Fusina, on the southern edge of the lagoon: it is a very convenient solution if you arrive by car from the mainland, a valid alternative to Piazzale Roma car terminal in Venice.
The car parks are located a few steps from the boarding point, where helpful and polite staff will accompany you on board the boat that will take you to Riva degli Schiavoni, next to Piazza San Marco. Here you will board a modern motor boat with a covered cabin and panoramic deck and you will start your tour of Murano, Burano and Torcello from Venice mainland.
During the sailing, a tour guide will give you bits of information on the places you will visit and, added to that, many anecdotes and interesting facts. The duration of the tour is about eight and a half hours: you can dedicate yourself to the discovery of the islands in complete tranquility, combining visits, time at leisure and peace of mind.
First stop: Murano
The stop in Murano is about an hour. If you want you can watch a demonstration of the art of glass blowing in a glass factory, or use the time you have available to take a walk along the shore to the lighthouse, or visit the Romanesque Basilica dei Santi Maria and Donato or simply wander through the streets and around the small craft shops.
Second stop: Burano
The second stop on our tour is Burano, whose colors are reminiscent of the rainbow: you can't help but photograph any house, glimpse or corner...every place is amazing! Here you will have two hours to get lost in the alleyways, visit the characteristic shops that display the precious Burano lace, but above all stop in one of the typical restaurants to enjoy a good plate of freshly caught fish.
Third stage: Torcello
The last stop is Torcello, the cradle of the lagoon civilization: it seems incredible, given that today only a dozen people live there, but in the past, it counted up to 40,000 inhabitants! Its untamed nature and numerous artistic treasures make it a fascinating destination, waiting to be discovered. We recommend you visit the wonderful Basilica di Santa Maria Assunta, one of the oldest Venetian-Byzantine buildings left in the lagoon, and climb its bell tower: a truly breathtaking landscape awaits you!
You will then enjoy the wonderful lagoon landscape at sunset, it will be an unforgettable return trip to San Marco in Riva degli Schiavoni, where you will then board the shuttle boat that will take you back to the Fusina Terminal.
We have many other choices of boat tours to the islands of Venice, departing from San Marco, the train station but also from Fusina or Jesolo. Take a look at our 'Venetian Islands Tour' page!