Full-day tour to Murano, Burano and Torcello islands from St Mark's Area with long stop in Torcello
Why choose this experience?
|1||Spend a full day visiting the three main islands of Venice - Murano, Burano and Torcello – with convenient departure from St Mark’s.|
|2||Enjoy a long panoramic tour of the Venetian lagoon with explanations from a tour guide.|
|3||The stop on the island of Torcello is longer than the other tours of the islands and you can visit the Basilica of Torcello with a special 30% discount on the entry ticket.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 74 people
All yearDeparture point:
Piers 1, 2 and 3 in front of Palazzo Cornoldi in Riva degli Schiavoni 4142 (4 bridges away from St. Mark's Square, approx. 7-minute walk). Here you will find an assistant who will show you the exact boat.
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the boarding point, either printed or on your smartphone and at the ticket office of the Basilica of Torcello to be able to purchase the entrance ticket at a discounted price.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 30 minutes before the departure time. At the meeting point, the tour leader will wait for you with a sign with the name of the tour.
- Locate in advance the meeting point on the map to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- The tour has a variable duration (6 and a half/7 hours) based on the number of participants and resulting type of vessel.
- The stop in Murano (approx. 1 hour) includes an optional visit to a glass factory with a short demonstration of the art of blown glass, and also some free time. The stop in Burano (approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes) is at leisure. The stop in Torcello (approx. 1 and a half hours) includes the optional visit to the Basilica of Torcello with a special price ticket of €3.50 instead of €5 full price for ages 13 and up, €2.50 instead of €4.00 reduced for children ages 6-12 and free for children ages 0-5. Adhere to the times instructed by the staff: the excursion will restart at the scheduled time, without waiting for any latecomers.
- Due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, this tour is not recommended to people with limited mobility.
- The tour is shared, so there may be other participants.
- This is a multilingual tour.
- Only small dogs with muzzle are allowed on board.
- The boat is equipped with a covered cabin therefore the excursion will take place even in case of bad weather.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
A day to explore Murano, Burano and Torcello: depart from Riva degli Schiavoni, a few steps from St Mark’s Square, get on board a motor boat with a covered cabin and set off to discover the lagoon.
On the boat trip to the islands, a multilingual tour guide will tell you interesting historical and artistic information on what you will visit. Get ready to learn about the island of Torcello in particular: the stop here is longer than with other tours of the islands (about an hour and a half instead of an hour) and you can visit the ancient Basilica of Torcello with admission ticket at a special price (€3.50 instead of €5 full price for ages 13 and up, €2.50 instead of €4.00 reduced for children ages 6-12 and free for children ages 0-5).
The first stage, on the island of Murano, lasts about an hour. You can watch the demonstration of a master glassmaker (about 15 minutes) inside a traditional glass factory. If that does not take your fancy, you can explore the island on your own. There are many things to see: the Basilica of Santi Maria e Donato, the Glass Museum, Palazzo da Mula and the many artisan shops.
The next stop is in Burano, where you will spend about an hour and 15 minutes. A walk around the colorful houses will make you soak in the authentic spirit of this island. With a bit of luck, you can meet ladies sitting outside their front door, intent on embroidering the traditional lace. You can visit the beautiful Lace Museum, or look for the leaning bell tower or the house of Bepi Suà, the most colorful on the island.
And finally Torcello, the cradle of Venetian civilization. Here the stop lasts about an hour and a half, half an hour longer than the standard duration of the other tours of the islands. This way you will have plenty of time to visit the Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta, a majestic example of Byzantine art. For those joining this tour, the entry ticket can be purchased at a special price: €3.50 instead of €5 full price for ages 13 and up, €2.50 instead of €4.00 reduced for children ages 6-12 and free for children ages 0-5. You will be amazed by its precious mosaics, and in particular the great depiction of the Last Judgment. Don’t forget to also visit the ruins of the Baptistery of San Giovanni Evangelista, 'Attila’s Throne' and the legendary Devil's Bridge.
At the end of the visit, you will get back on the boat to return to Venice where your excursion will terminate.
Full-day tour to Murano, Burano and Torcello islands from St Mark's Area with fish lunch
Half day tour to Murano and Burano islands from Venice Train station