Galleon Dinner Cruise from Venice or Punta Sabbioni
Why choose this experience?
|1||Enjoy this Venice dinner cruise immersed in the refined atmosphere of an ancient Venetian galleon|
|2||Experience an unforgettable evening in the lagoon whilst admiring the show of lights reflecting on the water of Venice and its islands|
|3||Enjoy a sophisticated dinner prepared by the chef of the galleon using fresh and seasonal ingredients|
This tour has been already booked by 430 people
From 1 May to 29 December 2021 (except 24 December)Departure point:
A choice of:
- Landing in Venezia, in front of the Museo Navale
- Landing at Punta Sabbioni, Lungomare Dante Alighieri (to the left of the ACTV pier)
- Choose whether to depart from Venice or Punta Sabbioni by selecting the departure time corresponding to the boarding point in the 'Book now' box. You can also request to embark or disembark only at Punta Sabbioni in the 'Tour Preferences’ field.
- Carefully choose in which area to book your table. The main deck has a panoramic view; stern and bow seating is inside the boat. The view is limited to small windows at the stern, while the bow is the most private area of the boat from where you cannot see the outside, as it has two small portholes at the top. The tables at the bow and at the stern have 4 seats so separate couples could be accommodated at the same table (the tables are large enough to allow each couple to have their own privacy).
- The menu is mainly based on fish and varies according to the season. If you prefer a meat or vegetarian choice, or you have a food allergy or intolerance, you can specify this in your reservation: the chef will prepare the menu that best suits your needs. The boat is wheelchair accessible.
- Once your booking is confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the meeting point, either printed on paper or on your smartphone.
- Locate in advance the meeting point to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher!
- COVID-19: Remember to bring a face-mask with you!
- Some menu choices are subject to availability.
- Wines or beers can be purchased directly at the restaurant.
- The booking confirmation is subject to the availability of the venue. Departure is guaranteed with minimum 8 participants.
- The navigation route may be subject to change in case of adverse local conditions or other factors at the discretion of the Captain.
- The tour will also take place in case of bad weather.
- Boarding times must be adhered to and the organization reserves the right to cancel the reservation if customers arrive at the departure point later than the specified time.
- This is a shared tour, so the participation of other people who have booked it is to be expected.
- The timetable may be subject to changes according to the laws of the Italian Government currently in force. In case of changes, you will be informed. If there are time restrictions/curfews and similar the Galleon will make the necessary adjustments accordingly.
- Free cancellation, or change of date, up to 72 hours prior to the time of the dinner.
- No refund with cancellations made within 72 hours prior to the time of the dinner.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
During this tour you will enjoy an unforgettable evening thanks to a candlelit dinner aboard a Venetian galleon, following a panoramic itinerary along Venice’s canals and the islands of the lagoon.
After boarding, the staff will accompany you to your reserved table, with a choice of main deck, stern or bow, and will offer you a nice aperitif with extra dry Prosecco DOC.
The cuisine of the chef of the Venice galleon will captivate you with its finesse, thanks to a menu mainly based on fish, prepared with fresh and seasonal ingredients. But if you prefer a meat or vegetarian choice, or you have a food allergy or intolerance, you can notify this in your reservation: the chef will prepare the menu that best suits your needs.
You can choose whether to start from the shores of the Venice pier, in front of the Naval Museum, or from Punta Sabbioni pier, near Jesolo.
The excursion aboard the Venice galleon begins by sailing towards the north side of the lagoon: you will admire Le Vignole, Sant'Erasmo, San Francesco del Deserto, Burano, Torcello, Mazzorbo and Murano in breathtaking views and picture-postcard vistas.
Returning to Venice, the ship skirts the Arsenale and the small islands of Santa Maria delle Grazie and San Giorgio, to then head towards the Giudecca Canal and finish the tour with a magnificent glimpse of St Mark’s bay and its ancient palaces. Disembarkation is at the same landing in front of the Naval Museum or at Punta Sabbioni.
The galleon of Venice
The Venetian galleons are the typical boats of the Republic of Venice, used between 1600 and 1800 for military purposes and to transport goods and valuables. Thanks to the catering service, bar and restaurant, they are suitable for hosting all kinds of events, from boat excursions to business meetings and private parties. They have full accessibility for disabled people.
In every season of the year, the Venetian galleon offers you maximum comfort for your dinner on a boat in Venice: in summer a PVC cover will provide shelter against rain, while in winter the panoramic windows, the insulated cover and the heating system keep the inside temperature at around 23° C.
Reviews for Galleon Dinner Cruise from Venice or Punta Sabbioni
Booking No. 193
Reviewed on 22 Mar `19
'Dining on the Galleone'
The evening was fabulous. We couldn't have asked for more. The boat was on time, the ambiance was wonderful, and the food was delicious. And the staff was friendly, and very professional. We had so much fun. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Venice. I highly recommend it!
Great food. Great staff. Great time.
Booking No. 17198653
Reviewed on 10 Nov `17
Everything regarding the food and service was wonderful, however my husband did feel that the spacing was tight. We would definitely do it again.
Booking No. 17112884
Reviewed on 22 Sep `17
This is one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. The tour starts in front of the Naval Museum just a 5 minute walk next to the waterbus-stop "Arsenale". You can already see the ship so you can't miss the meeting point. You board the ship, get seated and are ready to go! The food was amazing - aperitif (prosecco) and hors d'oeuvres (two different "courses") followed my two first courses, the main course and dessert. You can wander around the ship, look at the water from bow and stern or just stay on the bridge. I'd recommend booking the main bridge - the small extra fee is definitley worth it. If your partner loves ships and food, then this is the perfect gift for you! You won't be able to wipe the smile off his/her face for days!
Super friendly staff, amazing food and wonderful experience
None - I promise
Booking No. 175151
Reviewed on 07 Jul `17
'Don't Miss It'
Fantastic to be in Venice when the Galleon sailed. Food, service and drinks were all sensational and would not hesitate to go again.
Group of friends
Booking No. 16137095
Reviewed on 20 Nov `16
Food, speed, continuous beverages
Difficult to get to if you are unfamiliar with the city
Reply by venetoinside.com Staff
Dear Leicester Sisters,
we are pleased you enjoyed the experience despite the initial difficulties in reaching the meeting point. We will provide our customers with more specific details about its precise location!Best regards,
The venetoinside.com staff
Booking No. 1524762
Reviewed on 24 Sep `15
'More like Junk than Galleon'
When it arrived it was much smaller than we expected. It took 20 minutes to get booked in and seated. A bottle of Prosecco arrived and only I was drinking no other wine was served throughout the whole meal. The only hot part of the menu was the risotto the Rosemary potatoes were luke warm. The Tiramisu was the worst I have ever had , probably not home made but frozen. It became quite cold but the crew were reluctant to pull down the side awnings and gave out blankets to the diners instead, but eventually after more complaints from passengers the sides were used. When we arrived back some diners did not wait for the gang plank to be put in place but jumped over the gap , followed swiftly by me and my wife! Not a good experience, don't bother.. Wast of money!
Reply by venetoinside.com Staff
we are sorry you were not satisfied with this service. After getting your feedback, we reported it to the company in charge with this service in order to reply in detail to the points you made in your review.
- The size of the galleon – that you expected to be bigger - is suitable for sailing through the canals of Venice and its lagoon, even the smaller ones.
- When customers arrive at the meeting point, the galleon staff usually check their vouchers and accompany them to the reserved seats. This operation is necessary to verify the reservations and avoid confusion before boarding and on board.
- Wines are included in the price and listed on the menu: if you want extra bottles of wine you just have to order it, the galleon staff does not bring any wines not required by the customers.
- The menu is made of cold and hot courses and may vary according to the season: if you had taken a look at the menu, you would have known which dishes were included in the dinner.
- The tiramisu is fresh and homemade, like all the other courses served during the dinner and prepared in the kitchen on board.
- As far as temperature is concerned, please note that in early September the galleon is not covered yet. It is usually covered starting from the middle/late September, when temperature is becoming colder.
- At the end of the itinerary some passengers jumped over the gap because they probably had a reservation for private transfers or had to catch public transport… Certainly not because they were not satisfied with the experience. To prove this, we did not receive any other complaints except for yours.
We regret that this tour did not meet your expectations, but we can assure you that most of our customers appreciate this experience and the professionalism of the galleon staff.Best regards,
The venetoinside.com staff
Booking No. 151323
Reviewed on 11 Jun `15
'A Wonderful Way to Spend Our Last Evening in Venice!'
Well in advance of our trip, we made reservations for the Main Deck Seating on the Venetian Galleon Dinner Cruise. It was a wonderful evening with great atmosphere and well worth the cost. The crew was very helpful and friendly and the service was impeccable. My wife didn't care for the food but that was just due to her personal food preferences. Everyone else appeared to be enjoying their multiple course dinner with each plate being well presented. It was a pleasant way to spend our last evening in Venezia. I would definitely do this again!!
Reply by venetoinside.com Staff
Dear Love Traveling,
thank you for your kind comment! We are pleased you appreciated this tour despite your wife did not enjoy the food! Next time we suggest you to indicate the food preferences at the time of the reservation: the Galleon staff will try to do its best to meet your requests!Best regards,
The venetoinside.com staff
Booking No. 1441178
Reviewed on 10 Jul `14
'Fabulous - Galleon Dinner Cruise in Venice'
Having booked this trip, I would definatley recommend and also repeat, without a doubt should I return to Venice in the future. Upon arrival a lovely glass of prosecco was served followed by a lovely relaxing evening cruise whilst being served course after course of delicious food. Staff were very pleasant more than helpful.