Galleon Dinner Cruise in Venice
Why choose this experience?
|1||To dine immersed in the refined atmosphere of an ancient Venetian galleon|
|2||Because you will experience an unforgettable evening in the lagoon whilst admiring the light spectacle that is reflected on the water of Venice|
|3||To enjoy a delicious dinner prepared by the chef of the galleon using fresh and seasonal ingredients|
This tour has been already booked by 398 people
From 4 to 18 December 2020Departure point:
Venice Pier, in front of the Naval Museum.
In addition from 1 July to 15 September:
Pier of Punta Sabbioni, Lungomare Dante Alighieri (on the left of the pier of ACTV).
- COVID-19: Remember to bring the face mask with you!
- After the confirmation of your booking, you can download a voucher, which will also be sent to you via email. Please remember that you will be requested to show it, either a paper copy or on mobile devices. Make sure you have it with you!
- Please consider that the seats on the main bridge guarantee the best view of Venice and its lagoon; the seats on the stern and on the bow area are located inside the galleon: on the stern you can admire Venice and its lagoon only from small windows, the bow is the most enclosed area of the boat from which you cannot see outside, since the two small portholes are located in its uppermost part. Moreover, please be advised that the tables on the stern and on the bow area can accomodate 4 people and therefore some couples might be seated on the same table (the table size allows privacy to couple even if they are seated together).
- The dinner menu is mainly seafood and it varies according to the season. At the time of your booking please indicate any allergies or intolerances, in order to arrange a menu suitable to your needs.
- Guaranteed departure with a minimum of 8 participants.
- The navigation route is subject to change in cases of unusual environmental situations or other events that are beyond the Captain’s control.
- The tour will continue even in bad weather.
- The time of departure is absolute and the organisation has the right to cancel a clients booking if they do not arrive at the time specified.
- The boat is also accessible to disabled people.
- In cases of cancellation of the dinner or if departure does not take place it is possible to postpone the booking to another agreed date alternatively a reimbursement can be made.
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
- For cancellations up to 15 days before the dinner, 60% of the paid amount will be refunded.
- For cancellations in the 15 days before the dinner, no money will be refunded.
- No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a NO SHOW (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher).
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
With this fascinating Venice tour you can experience an unforgettable evening: navigating between Venice and the enchanting Venice lagoon whilst savouring a delicious evening meal surrounded by the incredible atmosphere of a traditional Venetian Galleon.
These typical boats recaptures the style of a typical galleon that was used during the Venice Republic between 1600 and 1800 and offers its hosts various types of events, from a simple boat excursion around the Venice lagoon, business meetings or private parties. The boat also has catering facilities, bar and restaurant, including technical equipment which allows for multi-purpose usage and access for people who have mobility impairments.
Our exclusive tour provides the opportunity to enjoy an excellent dinner on board, eating by candlelight and served by discreet and professional staff, cruising along the Venice canals and the enchanting islands in the Venice lagoon, surrounded by an intimate and refined atmosphere on board a characteristic Venetian galleon.
The pick up point for the tour departure is on the Venice pier, in front of the Naval Museum, where the Venetian Galleon is moored. During the high season there will be an additional meeting point at the Pier of Punta Sabbioni. After boarding the crew will accompany you to your reserved table, a choice between the main bridge, stern or bow, and serve you an appetising welcoming cocktail.
The boat excursion starts sailing towards the north of the Venice lagoon and you will enjoy the delectable evening dinner on board, prepared by the Galleon Chef, with delicate specialities of the season complemented by soft background music.
Le Vignole, Sant'Erasmo, San Francesco of the Desert, Burano, Torcello, Mazzorbo and Murano can be observed one after the other providing breathtaking scenery to memorise and photograph.
Returning towards Venice we will cruise past the Arsenal and the small island of Santa Maria delle Grazie and San Giorgio, and head towards the Canal della Giudecca and conclude the tour with a spectacular view of St Mark's basin and its prestigious and historic palaces.
Disembarkation is planned at the same landing place in front of the Naval Museum.
An opportunity to experience an excursion on a unique boat and get to know the real charm of Venice from the sea. A typical Venetian Galleon will transport you into an atmosphere of the past, pampered by a top class service and lulled by the gentle waves, whilst enjoying a delicious dinner and admiring the Venice lagoon, its most famous islands and the enchanting surrounding villages.
In summer a cover protects the galleon in case of bad weather whilst in the cooler months there is a transparent cover, which provides insulation. The galleon has a heating system which guarantees an internal temperature of around 23°C.
Before booking, please consider that the seats on the main bridge guarantee the best view of Venice and its lagoon; seats on the stern and on the bow area are located inside the galleon: on the stern you can admire Venice and its lagoon only from small windows, the bow is the most enclosed area of the boat from which you cannot see outside, since the two small portholes are located in its uppermost part. Moreover, please be advised that the tables on the stern and on the bow area can accomodate 4 people and therefore some couples might be seated on the same table.
Reviews for Galleon Dinner Cruise in Venice
Booking No. 193
Reviewed on 22 Mar `19
'Dining on the Galleone'
The evening was fabulous. We couldn't have asked for more. The boat was on time, the ambiance was wonderful, and the food was delicious. And the staff was friendly, and very professional. We had so much fun. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Venice. I highly recommend it!
Great food. Great staff. Great time.
Booking No. 17198653
Reviewed on 10 Nov `17
Everything regarding the food and service was wonderful, however my husband did feel that the spacing was tight. We would definitely do it again.
Booking No. 17112884
Reviewed on 22 Sep `17
This is one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. The tour starts in front of the Naval Museum just a 5 minute walk next to the waterbus-stop "Arsenale". You can already see the ship so you can't miss the meeting point. You board the ship, get seated and are ready to go! The food was amazing - aperitif (prosecco) and hors d'oeuvres (two different "courses") followed my two first courses, the main course and dessert. You can wander around the ship, look at the water from bow and stern or just stay on the bridge. I'd recommend booking the main bridge - the small extra fee is definitley worth it. If your partner loves ships and food, then this is the perfect gift for you! You won't be able to wipe the smile off his/her face for days!
Super friendly staff, amazing food and wonderful experience
None - I promise
Booking No. 175151
Reviewed on 07 Jul `17
'Don't Miss It'
Fantastic to be in Venice when the Galleon sailed. Food, service and drinks were all sensational and would not hesitate to go again.
Group of friends
Booking No. 16137095
Reviewed on 20 Nov `16
Food, speed, continuous beverages
Difficult to get to if you are unfamiliar with the city
Reply by venetoinside.com Staff
Dear Leicester Sisters,
we are pleased you enjoyed the experience despite the initial difficulties in reaching the meeting point. We will provide our customers with more specific details about its precise location!Best regards,
The venetoinside.com staff
Booking No. 1524762
Reviewed on 24 Sep `15
'More like Junk than Galleon'
When it arrived it was much smaller than we expected. It took 20 minutes to get booked in and seated. A bottle of Prosecco arrived and only I was drinking no other wine was served throughout the whole meal. The only hot part of the menu was the risotto the Rosemary potatoes were luke warm. The Tiramisu was the worst I have ever had , probably not home made but frozen. It became quite cold but the crew were reluctant to pull down the side awnings and gave out blankets to the diners instead, but eventually after more complaints from passengers the sides were used. When we arrived back some diners did not wait for the gang plank to be put in place but jumped over the gap , followed swiftly by me and my wife! Not a good experience, don't bother.. Wast of money!
Reply by venetoinside.com Staff
we are sorry you were not satisfied with this service. After getting your feedback, we reported it to the company in charge with this service in order to reply in detail to the points you made in your review.
- The size of the galleon – that you expected to be bigger - is suitable for sailing through the canals of Venice and its lagoon, even the smaller ones.
- When customers arrive at the meeting point, the galleon staff usually check their vouchers and accompany them to the reserved seats. This operation is necessary to verify the reservations and avoid confusion before boarding and on board.
- Wines are included in the price and listed on the menu: if you want extra bottles of wine you just have to order it, the galleon staff does not bring any wines not required by the customers.
- The menu is made of cold and hot courses and may vary according to the season: if you had taken a look at the menu, you would have known which dishes were included in the dinner.
- The tiramisu is fresh and homemade, like all the other courses served during the dinner and prepared in the kitchen on board.
- As far as temperature is concerned, please note that in early September the galleon is not covered yet. It is usually covered starting from the middle/late September, when temperature is becoming colder.
- At the end of the itinerary some passengers jumped over the gap because they probably had a reservation for private transfers or had to catch public transport… Certainly not because they were not satisfied with the experience. To prove this, we did not receive any other complaints except for yours.
We regret that this tour did not meet your expectations, but we can assure you that most of our customers appreciate this experience and the professionalism of the galleon staff.Best regards,
The venetoinside.com staff
Booking No. 151323
Reviewed on 11 Jun `15
'A Wonderful Way to Spend Our Last Evening in Venice!'
Well in advance of our trip, we made reservations for the Main Deck Seating on the Venetian Galleon Dinner Cruise. It was a wonderful evening with great atmosphere and well worth the cost. The crew was very helpful and friendly and the service was impeccable. My wife didn't care for the food but that was just due to her personal food preferences. Everyone else appeared to be enjoying their multiple course dinner with each plate being well presented. It was a pleasant way to spend our last evening in Venezia. I would definitely do this again!!
Reply by venetoinside.com Staff
Dear Love Traveling,
thank you for your kind comment! We are pleased you appreciated this tour despite your wife did not enjoy the food! Next time we suggest you to indicate the food preferences at the time of the reservation: the Galleon staff will try to do its best to meet your requests!Best regards,
The venetoinside.com staff
Booking No. 1441178
Reviewed on 10 Jul `14
'Fabulous - Galleon Dinner Cruise in Venice'
Having booked this trip, I would definatley recommend and also repeat, without a doubt should I return to Venice in the future. Upon arrival a lovely glass of prosecco was served followed by a lovely relaxing evening cruise whilst being served course after course of delicious food. Staff were very pleasant more than helpful.