Galleon Lunch Cruise from Venice or Punta Sabbioni
Why choose this experience?
|1||Experience a unique lunch on board a traditional Venetian galleon|
|2||Admire Venice’s lagoon from the seafront following a pleasant itinerary that touches all its main islands|
|3||Savour the lunch prepared for you by the chef of the galleon with fresh and in-season ingredients|
This tour has been already booked by 2 people
From 4 September to 31 October 2021Departure point:
A choice of:
- Landing in Venice, in front of the Naval Museum
- Landing at Punta Sabbioni, Lungomare Dante Alighieri (to the left of the ACTV pier)
- Choose whether to depart from Venice or Punta Sabbioni by selecting the departure time corresponding to the boarding point in the 'Book now' box. You can also request to embark or disembark only at Punta Sabbioni in the 'Tour Preferences’ field.
- Carefully choose in which area to book your table. The main deck has a panoramic view; stern and bow seating is inside the boat. The view is limited to small windows at the stern, while the bow is the most private area of the boat from where you cannot see the outside, as it has two small portholes at the top. The tables at the bow and at the stern have 4 seats so separate couples could be accommodated at the same table (the tables are large enough to allow each couple to have their own privacy).
- The menu is mainly based on fish and varies according to the season. If you prefer a meat or vegetarian choice, or you have a food allergy or intolerance, you can specify this in your reservation: the chef will prepare the menu that best suits your needs. The boat is wheelchair accessible.
- Once your booking is confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the meeting point, either printed on paper or on your smartphone.
- Locate in advance the meeting point to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- COVID-19: Remember to bring a face-mask with you!
- Some menu choices are subject to availability.
- Wines or beers can be purchased directly at the restaurant.
- The booking confirmation is subject to the availability of the venue. Departure is guaranteed with minimum 8 participants.
- The navigation route may be subject to change in case of adverse local conditions or other factors at the discretion of the Captain.
- The tour will also take place in case of bad weather.
- Boarding times must be adhered to and the organization reserves the right to cancel the reservation if customers arrive at the departure point later than the specified time.
- This is a shared tour, so the participation of other people who have booked it is to be expected.
- The timetable may be subject to changes according to the laws of the Italian Government currently in force. In case of changes, you will be informed. If there are time restrictions/curfews and similar the Galleon will make the necessary adjustments accordingly.
- Free cancellation, or change of date, up to 72 hours prior to the time of the dinner.
- No refund with cancellations made within 72 hours prior to the time of the dinner.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Experience the thrill of a boat excursion that introduces you to all the charm of Venice seen from the sea. A typical Venetian galleon will make you travel back in time as you follow a panoramic itinerary to discover the main islands of the lagoon.
Be enchanted by the landscape and pampered by the discreet and attentive service of the on-board staff, who will offer you an enticing aperitif of extra dry Prosecco DOC followed by a high-quality lunch prepared with fresh and seasonal ingredients.
Fish will be the main ingredient of this Venice lunch cruise, but you can report any intolerances or allergies at the time of booking: we’ll make sure we prepare a menu suited to your needs which is equally as delicious. A meat menu and a vegetarian menu are also available.
You can choose where you would like this galleon lunch cruise in Venice to start from.
The departure points are the following: shores of the Venice pier, in front of the Naval Museum or from Punta Sabbioni.
The itinerary touches the major islands of the northern lagoon: Le Vignole, Sant'Erasmo, San Francesco del Deserto, Burano, Torcello, Mazzorbo and Murano. On the way back, you’ll admire the Arsenale, the islands of Santa Maria delle Grazie and San Giorgio, entering the Giudecca Canal and going along it up to the enchanting St Mark’s basin. You will disembark at the pre-established point in front of the Naval Museum.
The Galleon of Venice
These boats have the charm of pirate galleons, and indeed they are a faithful reproduction of the typical ships of the Republic of Venice which were used between 1600 and 1800 for military purposes and to transport goods and objects of value. They can host all kinds of events, from boat excursions to business meetings and private parties. They have a catering service, a bar and restaurant, and are perfectly accessible to people with physical impairments.
The tables on the main deck are in open air and offer a panoramic view. The tensostatic cover protects against any rain. You can also choose to stay on the stern and bow inside the boat, where you will have greater intimacy but a more limited view.