Guided visit of Burano and the monastery of San Francesco del Deserto
Why choose this experience?
|1||Discover the picturesque charm of Burano with a guided tour spanning art, tradition and fun facts.|
|2||Enjoy cruising in a typical Venetian boat and admire the Venice lagoon from a new and fascinating point of view.|
|3||Enter the monastery of San Francesco del Deserto with the guidance of a Franciscan friar who lives on the island.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 85 people
All year, except 25 DecemberDeparture point:
in front of the bronze statue in front of the ACTV Burano stop.
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the boarding point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time.
- Guided visit with a local guide only in Burano. In San Francesco del Deserto the explanations will be provided by a Franciscan Friar.
- In case of exceptional high tide the tour will not take place.
- In the case of fog, bad weather or other unfavorable conditions the navigation to San Francesco del Deserto island is not guaranteed and a partial refund of the price will be granted.
- The tour is collective, so please expect to be joined by other participants.
- The tour will take place with a minimum of 4 people.
- The guided tour of San Francesco del Deserto is kindly offered by the Franciscan friars of the monastery. Those who wish can make a small contribution on site.
- Due to the peculiar conformation of the Venetian islands and the logistical problems this causes, this tour is not recommended for people with physical impairments.
- Locate in advance the meeting point to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- COVID-19: the use of a face mask is mandatory for the duration of the tour.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Our fascinating Burano and San Francesco del Deserto itinerary, with a guided tour of both islands, reveals a more hidden and less accessible Venice. You will discover authentic places which have not yet been spoilt by the hustle and bustle of modern life.
Let Burano’s bubbly soul captivate you, admire the positivity of the colors of its houses and the charm of the elderly ladies who still embroider Burano-style lace: it is right here, far from mass tourism, that you will find the true popular soul of Venice.
You will tour the island with an expert local guide, who will take you to see the most famous monuments, the most characteristic places, but also the areas known only to the inhabitants. You will visit the church of San Martino Vescovo (which houses a canvas by Giambattista Tiepolo), the Lace Museum and the Town Hall, but also the famous crooked Campanile and the lively house of Bepi.
San Francesco del Deserto
After visiting Burano, you will reach the island of San Francesco del Deserto aboard a typical Venetian boat. The island will welcome you with its unspoiled nature, tall cypresses, maritime pines and the flowers in gardens and in the monastery’s vegetable gardens. The beauty of this place, enhanced by a quiet and relaxed atmosphere, will give a completely new feel to the Venetian lagoon.
A Franciscan friar will take you on a discovery of the cloisters and garden of the monastery, founded by Francis of Assisi, who retired here in prayer in 1220 on his return from the Holy Land.
After visiting them monastery of San Francesco del Deserto you will have some spare time before leaving for Burano, from where you will make your own return to Venice.
If you are only interested in the guided tour of the island of San Francesco del Deserto, check out our page dedicated to the Guided visit of the covent-island of San Francesco del Deserto with boat round-trip from Burano', you can find the one for you!
Reviews for Guided visit of Burano and the monastery of San Francesco del Deserto
Booking No. 1721786
Reviewed on 13 Jun `17
Service sold by a Distribution Partner of Insidecom srl
Sylvia did a wonderful job of walking us around the island and pointing out all of the unique history of Burano. She was very kind and informative throughout the entire tour.
Knowledge of the island's history.
Cannot think of any weaknesses.
Guided visit to the convent island of San Francesco del Deserto with boat round-trip from Burano