Half-day Tour to Murano and Burano islands from Venice Train Station
Why choose this experience?
|1||The boarding location is only five minutes from Santa Lucia train station and the parking terminal at Piazzale Roma, the ideal arrival point for those coming to Venice by train, bus or car.|
|2||You will visit the most beautiful islands of the Venetian lagoon, Murano and Burano, discovering the fascinating traditions that have made them famous all over the world.|
|3||While on board, the guide will entertain you with anecdotes, interesting facts and history snippets which will take you back in time to Venice’s glorious past.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 26 people
From March 2021Departure point:
In front of KFC Restaurant, near Calatrava Bridge (from Venice Santa Lucia train station, go towards Piazzale Roma bus terminal; before crossing the Calatrava Bridge, you will find KFC Restaurant on your right).
- COVID-19: to participate in the tour you are required to wear a face mask. Please don't forget it!
- After the confirmation of your booking, you can download a voucher, which will also be sent to you via email. Please remember that you will be requested to show it, either a paper copy or on mobile devices. Make sure you have it with you!
- We advise you to arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the departure time specified.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, this tour is not recommended to people with limited mobility.
- This is a shared multi-language tour which can be booked by additional participants.
- The stop in Murano (approx. 1 hour) allows you an optional visit to a glass factory with a short demonstration of the art of blown glass, and also some free time. The stop in Burano (approx. 1 hour and 30 min.) is completely at your disposal. If the optional visits in the program are not undertaken, you are strongly required to comply with the timetable set out by the staff: the excursion will head back at the scheduled time, without waiting.
- The tour will end at the landing place in Riva degli Schiavoni in St Mark's (not at the train station).
- The tour has a variable duration (4 hours/4 hours and 30 min) based on the number of participants and resulting type of vessel used.
- The tour is not allowed for medium and big-sized dogs. Only small sized dogs with muzzle are admitted on board.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
This excursion will give you the chance to visit the most beautiful lagoon islands with a half-day tour to the islands of Murano and Burano from the train station in the city of Venice! An unforgettable islands tour from Venice train station, ideal for those reaching the historic centre not only by train, but also by bus or by private transport as the boarding point is close to both Santa Lucia train station and Piazzale Roma, Venice’s parking terminal!
The tour is designed for those who wish to immerse themselves in the untouched charm of the islands of Murano and Burano, relying on convenient private transfers aboard a boat with a panoramic deck, explanations of the places visited and dedicated and helpful staff who will be at your disposal for the duration of the excursion.
You can immerse yourself in the most authentic soul of the Lagoon of Venice feeling relaxed and at ease… Murano and Burano are the real jewels of the Venetian lagoon, where time seems to have been suspended between colourful houses, craft shops, fishing boats and old buildings.
The convenient departure of this (Venice) Murano and Burano island tour offers the possibility to explore the islands setting off directly from the railway station, a particularly convenient solution for those who want to enjoy a nice boat trip in the lagoon without having to reach independently, on foot or by water bus, the boarding area at St Mark’s from where most tours to the Venice Islands depart. What’s more, the limited duration of the tour will allow you to devote time to explore Venice as well: the tour will end near Saint Mark's Square, the perfect spot to admire the wonders of the centre of Venice. You can divide the afternoon between the most famous monuments, shopping and eating, and trying the local delicatessen in one of the typical restaurants of the historic centre.
During the boat trip, an expert local guide will provide information on the places you will be visiting but they will also tell anecdotes, interesting facts and history snippets covering the whole area in Venice and around it.
Thanks to this fascinating experience, the islands of Murano and Burano will no longer hide any secrets! The tour to Murano and Burano in half-a-day combines visits and free time to discover the best of both islands.
Let’s have a look at how this exciting tour to Murano and Burano from Venice train station will unfold:
After the embarkation at 10.30, your journey through the wonders of the Venetian lagoon will begin: sit comfortably on the panoramic deck and enjoy the half-hour journey to the heart of Venice, St Mark’s Bay area. Here the motorboat will dock to welcome other guests and leave for Murano, the first stop on this itinerary.
The visit to Murano will last around an hour and you will have the opportunity to visit one of the local glass-making factories and attend a demonstration of the art of glass blowing. If instead you want to use this time to visit the island on your own, all you have to do is inform the staff on-board and present yourself at the indicated time to continue your journey towards the colorful island of Burano.
The second stop of this tour is Burano, the island where photographic filters are not needed: any photo you take will be like a postcard, an indelible memory of a thousand colors. Here you will have an hour and a half to wander around the streets, taste bussolà, the traditional local biscuit and visit the characteristic shops displaying the precious lace made in Burano.
On the way back, you can relax and enjoy the journey back at Riva degli Schiavoni in St Mark’s to the tranquil waters of the Venetian lagoon …
Do not miss our tour to Murano and Burano island s from Santa Lucia railway station, created ad hoc for those who want something convenient and relaxing and to make the most of their visit to Venice!
The chance to choose between optional visits and free time will allow you to manage your visit according to your specific needs: the staff will be happy to give you tips and advice to get the best out of your experience!
You will be surprised to discover that this is right where, in the center of the lagoon, the true soul of Venice lies: far from the hustle and bustle of the historic center you will be given a spontaneous and genuine welcome.
If you want to learn about all our boat tours to the Venetian islands, visit our 'Venetian Islands Tour' page. We are ready to welcome you!
Full-day Tour to Murano, Burano and Torcello from Venice Train Station