Half day tour to Murano and Burano islands from Venice Train station
Why choose this experience?
|1||Spend an afternoon discovering the islands of Murano and Burano and enjoy a fascinating boat ride in the lagoon.|
|2||The ticket price includes a visit to a glassblowing workshop in Murano where you will see a demonstration of the glassblowing process.|
|3||Boarding is very close to Santa Lucia train station and Piazzale Roma, and therefore very convenient for those reaching Venice by train, bus or car.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 197 people
All yearDeparture point:
In front of KFC Restaurant, near Calatrava Bridge (from Venice Santa Lucia train station, go towards Piazzale Roma bus terminal; before crossing the Calatrava Bridge, you will find KFC Restaurant on your right).
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the boarding point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the departure time. At the meeting point, the tour leader will wait for you with a sign with the name of the tour.
- Locate in advance the meeting point on the map to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- The tour has a variable duration (around 5 hours) based on the number of participants and resulting type of vessel used.
- The stop in Murano (approx. 1 hour) includes an optional visit to a glass making workshop, with a short demonstration of the art of glassblowing and free time. The stop in Burano (about 1 hour) is free. Adhere to the times communicated by the staff: the excursion will restart at the scheduled time, without waiting for any latecomers.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, this tour is not recommended to people with limited mobility.
- This is a shared tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- This is a multilingual tour.
- Only small dogs with muzzle are allowed on board.
- The boat is equipped with a covered cabin therefore the excursion will take place even in case of bad weather.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
During this half-day boat tour, you will visit the islands of Murano and Burano on an afternoon excursion lasting about 5 hours. The starting point is the railway station, a particularly convenient place for those arriving in Venice by train or by car, given the proximity of the station to Piazzale Roma, the main road intersection between Venice and the mainland.
A shuttle will take you from the station to San Marco, where you will board a panoramic motorboat with a covered cabin. This is where the actual tour will begin, during which a knowledgeable local guide will give you all the information on the places you will visit, and tell you anecdotes, interesting facts and historical notes on Venice’s area.
Enjoy the peaceful sailing across the lagoon, discover what Venice looks like from out at sea and admire the shape of the islands on the horizon!
The visits to Murano and Burano
The first stop is the island of Murano, where you will stop for about an hour: here you can visit, if you want, an ancient glassmaking workshop and watch a demonstration of glassblowing lasting about 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can take a tour of the island independently: all you have to do is let the crew know and return to the boarding point at the time of departure towards Burano.
The stop in Burano is also about an hour long and is completely at leisure: you can take a walk through the picturesque streets, take a thousand photos of the colorful houses, enjoy a bussolà, the traditional local cookie, or visit the beautiful Burano lace museum.
The motorboat will then take you back to St Mark’s Square, and from here you will take the shuttle back to Santa Lucia train station.
Do you want more time to visit the islands? A day tour to Murano and Burano is also available, also departing from the station.
Reviews for Half day tour to Murano and Burano islands from Venice Train station
Booking No. 2223047
Reviewed on 30 May `22
'Good and convenient'
This option is pretty good compared with others, because you can get a bit more (additional travel from train station to the main meeting point). We had enough time to see Murano and Burano islands and I was surprised that guide new so many languages.
Full-day tour to Murano, Burano and Torcello islands from St Mark's Area with fish lunch