Minuetto at Ridotto - Dinner & Masked Balls at Monaco&Grand Canal Hotel
Why choose this experience?
|1||To let yourself be seduced by the magic of the Carnival of Venice and experience an unforgettable evening of music, costume and dancing|
|2||Because it is held in a Venetian historic building that was frequented d in the past, by the famous Giacomo Casanova|
|3||For dinner: a menu created especially for the evening!|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 43 people
Saturday 12, Friday 25 and Monday 28 February 2022Departure point:
Venice, Hotel Monaco&Grand Canal, San Marco 1332 - Calle Vallaresso.
- It is mandatory to have green pass for Covid 19/COVID Certificate.
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the meeting point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- When booking, please inform us of any allergies, food intolerances or if you prefer a meat or vegetarian menu by filling in the form in this link.
- Locate in advance the meeting point on the map to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- Dress code: historical costume (costumes must be the traditional Venetian costumes from the 1600s-1800s). If you wish to hire masks and Venetian costumes, the Atelier Tiepolo in Venice offers special rates to participants.
- In case of cancellation of the Venice Carnival or in case the event could not take place due to any restrictions/government provisions related to COVID-19, the organizer agrees to issue a voucher of equal value to the amount paid to be used in the Venice Carnival in Costume® 2023 or 2024.
Cancellations received after January 15, 2022 will be awarded a voucher of equal value, redeemable for carnival events in 2023.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
A historic Ridotto in Venice for one of the most exclusive masquerades of the Carnival 2022!
The elegant hall of the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal hosts one of the highlights of Minuetto - Dinner with masked dances, an evening designed to recreate the refined atmosphere of the Venetian Carnival and give all participants a fairytale ... almost surreal experience.
After the welcome cocktail, you will be seated for dinner, which includes a four-course menu, with wine included (at the time of booking you can communicate any food intolerances or allergies or request a different menu from the one offered with fish, meat or vegetarian by filling in the form in this link. It will not be possible to change the menu on the evening of the party).
During dinner and until the conclusion of the event, an experienced dance instructor and his partners will involve you in the traditional group dances of the carnival, such as minuets and quadrilles. A baroque ensemble and an opera singer to complete the program of entertainment provided for the evening.
Located just steps from St Mark’s Square, the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal is one of the most exclusive places to stay in Venice: Minuetto is held in the historic Ridotto hall, the perfect setting to fully revive the atmosphere of the great carnivals of the past.
In the 17th century the building that now houses the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal was a public ridotto, i.e. place where Venetians came together to play games, have fun and spend time together. Open only during Carnival, which at the time lasted for about six months a year, the Ridotto became one of the very symbols of the Carnival, synonymous with high society and all those celebrations, from theatre to the most extravagant and sophisticated parties, that the Carnival of Venice was known and coveted for throughout Europe. Casanova himself was a regular visitor and he thought it the perfect place for his conquests ... Towards the end of the 18th century, scandals, debauchery, strange acquaintances and usury reached alarming levels for the government of the Venice Republic, which, on 27 November 1774, decreed the definitive closure of the public Ridotto.
The building was later used for various purposes until the early 20th century, when a massive restoration brought it back to its original splendour. After being used for a short time as a cinema and a theatre, the last renovation has finally brought back to life the atmosphere of the ancient palace. And today the Ridotto lends itself well to recreate the magic of those carnivals that Europe envied in Venice! Minuetto al Ridotto-Dinner with masked and Carnival Extravaganza are the only events of the Carnival of Venice in 2022 to be able to count on a location of such charm and prestige.
To participate in the Minuetto at the Ridotto - Dinner with masked dances a historical costume is required. Given the high demand for period costumes during the Carnival period, we advise you to book early in advance: on our website you can reserve your ticket at the same time for Minuetto and rental at Atelier Tiepolo, and then pick and choose the costume directly in Venice, at the Hotel Danieli.
We wish you a special Carnival 2022 in the historic Venetian Ridotto!
Reviews for Minuetto at Ridotto - Dinner & Masked Balls at Monaco&Grand Canal Hotel
Booking No. 19211922
Reviewed on 24 Feb `20
This was my second time at the Minuetto di Ridotto Carneval Ball. It was much improved this year compared to 2019. Shorter Apero, much more dancing, less sitting around and faster and competent food service. It was really much better than in 2019, congratulations.
Mentioned in the review text
If clients have the possibility to indicate language knowledge or mention the languages they would like to communicate, the international guests would also have a chance to sit on a talbe together with Italians.