Full-day Tour to Murano, Burano and Torcello from Venice Train Station
Why choose this experience?
|1||Discover the charm of the three coveted islands of the Venetian lagoon, Murano, Burano and Torcello with a day boat excursion.|
|2||The embarkation point is very convenient for those arriving by train or by car, because it is located between the Venice railway station and the terminal at Piazzale Roma.|
|3||You will be accompanied by a tour guide who, during the navigation, will tell you anecdotes and interesting facts about the history of the places you will visit|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 1,509 people
From 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 (except September 5 and December 25)Departure point:
In front of KFC Restaurant, near Calatrava Bridge (from Venice Santa Lucia train station, go towards Piazzale Roma bus terminal; before crossing the Calatrava Bridge, you will find KFC Restaurant on your right).
COVID-19: the use of a FFP2 face mask is mandatory on board for the duration of the tour.
To take part in the tour, a Enhanced Green Pass (vaccination passport) is required.
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the boarding point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time. At the meeting point, the tour leader will wait for you with a sign with the name of the tour.
- Locate in advance the meeting point to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- The tour has a variable duration (around 7.5/8 hours) based on the number of participants and resulting type of vessel.
- The stop in Murano (approx. 1 hour) includes an optional visit to a glass factory, with a short demonstration of the art of glass blowing, and time at leisure. Stops in Burano (approx. 2 hours) and in Torcello (approx. 1 hour) are at leisure. Adhere to the times instructed by the staff: the excursion will restart at the scheduled time, without waiting for any latecomers.
- The shuttle service from the Railway Station to St Mark’s Riva degli Schiavoni (the starting point of the three-island tour of Venice) and vice versa is included in the tour price.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, this tour is not recommended to people with limited mobility.
- This tour is shared, so there might be other people with you.
- This is a multilingual tour.
- Only small dogs with muzzle are allowed on board.
- The boat is equipped with a covered cabin therefore the excursion will take place even in case of bad weather.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
If you arrive in Venice by train, bus or car and want to take a tour of the islands of the lagoon, our Murano, Burano and Torcello day trip is the most convenient option you can find: the embarkation point is located 5 minutes from Santa Lucia railway station and the terminal at Piazzale Roma, right at the foot of the Calatrava bridge.
In approximately half an hour you will be at Riva degli Schiavoni, a few steps from St Mark’s Square, where you will board a larger boat with a covered cabin and panoramic deck: here the real tour will begin, which will take you to discover the nature and scenery of the lagoon.
During the navigation, an expert local guide will tell you the history and characteristics of the three islands, focusing on legends and anecdotes of the Venice area.
The first stop is Murano, which will last for approximately an hour. You can watch a brief glass-blowing demonstration by a master glassmaker, take a walk along the shore to the lighthouse, visit the Basilica dei Santi Maria and Donato or simply wander through the narrow streets and around the small craft shops.
Next will be Burano, where the stop is expected to last around two hours. Here you can visit the lace museum, admire the colorful "Casa di Bepi", stroll through the joyful alleyways, and if you are lucky, you will see one of the lace makers who still work to the present day, sitting at the door of the house, weaving small masterpieces of lace. Here you can also find many excellent places for a just caught fish lunch.
Finally, you will have about an hour to visit Torcello, the oldest settlement in the lagoon, older than Venice itself! Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta, one of the oldest buildings of Venetian-Byzantine architecture in the lagoon, and climb to the top of the bell tower: the Venice lagoon will open up before your eyes in its entirety! At the end of the visit the motor boat will take you back to the starting point, near the station
Do you want to discover other boat tours? Check out our 'Boat Tours' page and choose what is best for you!