Private Tour in Treviso and Marca Trevigiana from Venice
Duration: approx. 9 hours
This tour was already booked by 10 people
- € 450.00
Why choose this experience?
|1||To take a trip to Venice’s surroundings, discovering an area rich in art, traditions and natural beauty|
|2||To enjoy your tour in complete relaxation in a private car with a driver for the entire trip|
|3||To visit the beautiful historic centres of Treviso, Possagno, Refrontolo, Cison di Valmarino and Conegliano in a fascinating day trip|
Marca Trevigiana, an area rich in history, art and natural beauty, is a popular destination for those who decide to spend a day outside Venice.
This tour around Marca Trevigiana (Italy) with a driver offers you the opportunity to visit the towns of Treviso, Possagno, Refrontolo, Cison di Valmarino and Conegliano in one day. A relaxing experience but still full of excitement, which combines the advantages of an independent visit with the convenience of an organized route with a car and a chauffeur at your disposal for the entire duration of the trip.
Private excursion to Treviso and its province:
- 8.30 am departure from Piazzale Roma in Venice by car with a private driver
- 9.35 am Treviso (approx. 1 hour stop)
- 11.45 am Possagno (approx. 1 hour 30 minutes stop)
- 2.00 pm Refrontolo (approx. 1 hour stop)
- 2.30 pm Cison di Valmarino (approx. 1 hour 30 minutes stop)
- 4.30 pm Conegliano (approx. 1 hour stop)
- 5.30 pm Return to Piazzale Roma (estimated arrival at 6.00 pm)
The first stop on our day trip to Treviso, Italy from Venice will naturally be Treviso, a lively old town with picturesque views and a vibrant city life. Heart of the city and meeting place in Treviso is Piazza dei Signori, dotted with historic buildings like the Palazzo dei Trecento and Loggia Dei Cavalieri.
The stop in Treviso will include the visit to the major monuments of the city:
- Historic centre: walking through Piazza dei Signori, you will have the opportunity to admire its historic buildings, but also get involved in its lively social life, passing through elegant cafes and designer boutiques.
- Cathedral: A fine example of Romanesque architecture, the Cathedral houses famous masterpieces such as frescoes by Pordenone and the altarpiece with the Annunciation by Titian.
- Isola della Pescheria: a quaint river island, placed in the centre of Treviso and lapped by the River Cagnan Grando, which houses the city fish market.
The tour will continue to Possagno, known for being the birthplace of the famous neoclassical sculptor Antonio Canova. Numerous testimonies of his genius are here, gathered around two monuments which are the aim of our tour:
- Tempio Canoviano: a neoclassical building designed by Canova himself in the early nineteenth century, it stands in an elevated position compared to the town centre, dominating it from the top of a hilly backdrop. Its style, with a central plan, a dome and a columned portico, takes inspiration from Greek-Roman art, precisely from the old buildings such as the Parthenon and the Pantheon.
- Gipsoteca Canoviana: the Museum, entirely dedicated to the sculptor and built in 1863 around his home of birth, was expanded by the famous architect Carlo Scarpa. It contains almost all of the original models of his sculptures, terracotta models and plaster casts, but also drawings and autograph paintings.
After a lunch break to taste the delicious specialties of the area, the tour will head towards its last destinations:
Refrontolo is a famous wine village, located in a charming panoramic position in the hills where the Conegliano-Valdobbiadene Prosecco is produced. Here you will have the opportunity to visit the famous Mulino della Croda that houses a house-museum with the original plan, the mill and various living environments.
Cison di Valmarino is a town where art and landscape combine in a stunning unity. The centre is dominated by characteristic historic buildings such as the theatre, the loggia and the old town hall. The main attraction of the town and focal point of our tour is Castelbrando, perched on a hill entirely overlooking Valmareno. The ancient castle houses the Museum of Castelbrando, where you can visit interesting thematic sections dedicated to cars, costumes, medieval music and more....
Conegliano, the last stop of this fascinating tour, will give a delightful end to your Marca Trevigiana full day tour from Venice! In a privileged position on the foothills of Treviso, this town is another centre of production of Prosecco. In the elegant historic centre you will have the opportunity to admire the Castello Scagliero, dominated by a high crenelated tower which houses the city museum.
Arrival back in Venice is scheduled at approx. 6.00 pm.
Do not miss this fantastic opportunity to visit Treviso area from Venice! Book our tour online now to spend a relaxing day immersed in history, art and beautiful landscapes...
Our tour goes beyond stereotypical organized tours to visit Treviso from Venice and offers the possibility to visit the most characteristic towns of the area surrounding Treviso... Each stop will be reached by convenient private transfer... For a day dedicated to culture without sacrificing relaxation!
all year, except the public holidays on which the Gipsoteca Canoviana is closedDeparture point:
Venice, Piazzale Roma in Venice – short-term park.
There will be no explanations (the driver speaks Italian and English).
up to 3 people (Sedan Standard): € 450.00
up to 5 people (minivan): € 510.00
up to 8 people (Minibus) € 560.00
approx. 9 hours
Before booking, please be advised that it is compulsory to print a paper copy of the voucher issued at the end of the online reservation and bring it with you the day of the tour.
No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a NO SHOW (if you do not show up at the meeting point at the time specified on your voucher).
For organizational reasons, the itinerary may be reversed or modified without notice. In any case, visits and excursions mentioned in the program are guaranteed.
Please bear in mind that the stops are entirely optional: the driver will take you to the various locations specified in the itinerary, and you can freely and independently visit the towns in the time at your disposal. The driver will notify you about the time of departure to the next stage, and you must stick to the timetable in order to finish the tour on schedule.
The lunch break will last approx. 1 hour. The driver will advise you on a restaurant best suited to you requests.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled. The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or receiving a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Departure point map
- Select language
- Choose a date
- Input data
Please make a new search!
Your Own Treviso: Private Guided Tour of Treviso
Duration: approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
- € 150.00
Treviso & Roncade Castle: daily excursion from Jesolo with tasting
Duration: approx. 7 hours
Location: Lido Di Jesolo
- Per person
- € 50.00
- per service