Discover Venice Walking Tour
Why choose this experience?
|1||To savour a more authentic and genuine side to Venice, through new areas outside of the normal tourist routes|
|2||Because it combines great classics, including the Rialto Bridge, and unique structures that are not very well known, such as the Scala del Bovolo|
|3||To walk and enjoy, in the best possible way, the surreal atmosphere of the past which enshrines Venice|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 4,214 people
From 5 June to 2 November 2021Departure point:
Calle Larga Ascensione, in front of St. Mark's Post Office located behind Correr Museum.
Children up to 5 years: free
approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Guided tour
- What is not specified under "Inclusions"
- Entry tickets
- COVID-19: to participate in the tour you are required to wear a face mask. Please don't forget it!
- After the confirmation of your booking, you can download a voucher, which will also be sent to you via email. Please remember that you will be requested to show a paper copy of it. Make sure you have it with you!
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time. At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
- The guide who will accompany you on the tour will speak exclusively in the language you chose at the time of booking, without repeating the same explanations in other languages.
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
This tour will take you to the area between St Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge with an extraordinary guided-tour of the so-called ‘Minor Venice'. It will offer you the opportunity of walking in Venice during a sunny summer's day, caressed by a gentle sea breeze.
The famous La Fenice Theatre, the Rialto Venice area and Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo in Venice: new and highly suggestive itineraries in a tour that will give you the unforgettable experience of walking in Venice Italy.
During this fascinating walking in Venice tour an expert tour guide will tell you curious anecdotes and historical facts of its thousand-year long history until the present day. You will admire from the outside some of the most special areas of Venice, such as Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo and enjoy a guided tour of Rialto in Venice immersed in the traditional atmosphere of Venice.
The tour will begin with a visit to the La Fenice Theatre in Venice, which can be viewed from the outside. Opened in 1792 and sadly notorious famous for being destroyed several times by fire, La Fenice in Venice Italy is the main opera house in Venice. During the nineteenth century, the La Fenice Theatre has hosted numerous first concerts of major Italian authors such as Rossini, Bellini, Verdi and Donizetti.
You'll continue the tour admiring - from the outside - Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo in Venice and its famous staircase. Formed by a series of superimposed loggias connecting the various levels of the spiral staircase, in Venetian dialect ‘bovolo', housed inside an arched cylindrical tower, the elegant Scala del Bovolo in Venice Italy is considered one of the most striking examples of the transition from Gothic Art to Renaissance.
The next stage of this extraordinary tour, Rialto Venezia, is considered the oldest part of Venice.
The operational centre of the trade empire of the Venice Republic, Rialto in Venice Italy is today characterized by a dense urban network of monumental buildings, houses, shops and inns that represent the most genuine traditions and customs of the real soul of Venice.
The Rialto area is dominated by the renowned Rialto Bridge, the oldest crossing over the Canal Grande. Around 1250, the former floating bride, dating back to the 12th century, was replaced by a wooden bridge formed by two inclined ramps joined in the middle by a movable section that could be raised to allow for the passage of high boats. Only in 1551 the Venice Republic launched a tender for the construction of a stone bridge. Great architects such as Sansovino, Pallaio and Vignola joined the competition but their plans were not successful. The present Rialto Bridge, designed by Antonio da Ponte and his nephew Antonio Contin, has a structure very similar to the preceding wooden bridge with rows of shops on both sides.
Rialto, Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo and La Fenice guided tours offering new and interesting visits to the exteriors of famous architectural masterpieces! A tour to capture the true soul of Venice, inspired by the stories of our resourceful tourist guide.
Reviews for Discover Venice Walking Tour
Booking No. 17184956
Reviewed on 18 Oct `17
Service sold by a Distribution Partner of Insidecom srl
'Fun walking tour'
This was a very informative and fun walking tour. We covered a lot of ground in 1.5 hrs. There is a ton of history and beautiful buildings to see. I cannot wait to go back and try another one.
Guide is very well informed
Headset cut out if we were too far away, but I like to stop and gander a bit longer than most.
Booking No. 1646157
Reviewed on 12 Jun `16
Enjoyable and informative walking tour
The tour took us to the undiscovered parts of Venice where there were less tourists - interesting history.
Sometimes it was hard to hear the guide due to background noise.
Reply by venetoinside.com Staff
thank you for your review! We are pleased you enjoyed the tour despite you had some difficulties in understanding the guide! Unfortunately some areas of Venice can be very crowded and therefore it may be difficult to hear the explanations properly for the entire tour … Of course our guides always try to do their best to prevent that the confusion may affect the experience of the participants in the tour!Best regards,
The venetoinside.com staff