St Marks Basilica: 30-minute English introduction by a local guide & Skip the line entry
Why choose this experience?
|1||An original experience between a guided tour and an admission ticket, that includes 30 minutes with the guide on the outside, in the splendid setting of St Mark’s Square, followed by a visit to the Basilica on your own|
|2||Skip-the-line access is included, giving you the possibility to avoid the often-long queues outside the Cathedral|
|3||For the small number of participants, which gives you the chance to interact more with the guide, and the possibility to visit the Basilica in the afternoon, when it is less crowded as opposed to morning time|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 786 people
from 14 June to 3 November 2019Departure point:
Piazzetta dei Leoncini (the guide will wait for you in between the two lion statues).
It is absolutely forbidden to bring suitcases, backpacks or bulky bags into the Basilica so, before going to the meeting point, please deposit any luggage at the Ateneo San Basso. The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
During some days of high turnout or for reasons of force majeure (e.g. high water, religious services not specified on the calendar and/or state visits) the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica might be longer than expected. In this case, please line up and and respect the instructions provided by your guide.
For the same reasons, the Procuratoria di San Marco (which is the organ in charge with the basilica management), reserves the right to prohibit visits and access to the basilica at any time and without notice and, therefore, the tour may not take place regularly. Wherever possible, you will be immediately notified via email of such changes together with alternative ways to use the service.
There will be no refund in case of NO-SHOW (if you don’t show up at the start of the tour at the time and the meeting point specified on the voucher) and/or rejection of the service on the day; if customers wander off during the tour; or if they decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
You must be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time specified.
This is a group tour, so there might be other participants who have booked it, up to a maximum of 25 people.
Suitable attire is required to visit St Mark’s Basilica (no shorts or sleeveless tops) and for security reasons backpacks are not allowed.
*PRICES OF ATTRACTIONS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- St Mark’s Museum: adult € 5.00; concession € 2.50 (children and young people between 6 and 18 years); concession € 4.00 (adults in groups of over 25 people). Includes access to the terrace of St Mark’s Basilica
- Pala d'Oro: adult € 2.00; concession € 1.00 (children and young people between 6 and 18 years); concession € 1.50 (adults in groups of over 25 people)
- St Mark’s Treasure: adult € 3.00; concession € 1.50 (children and young people between 6 and 18 years); concession € 2.00 (adults in groups of over 25 people).
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Ideal for those who want something in between a classic guided tour and a straightforward admission ticket, this new experience combines the format of an independent tour with a shorter duration: experience a new way to learn about and discover the wonders of St. Mark's Basilica in Venice with skip the line tickets!
- You will enjoy St Mark's Basilica queue jump and guide without having to buy a standard guided tour: it is in fact a smarter and more enjoyable experience to learn about and discover St Mark’s Basilica. A short English introduction and skip-the-line ticket both conveniently booked online!
- Unlike the classic guided tours lasting about one hour, you will decide how long the visit will last: the guide will provide you with a brief historical and artistic introduction for about 30 minutes outside the Basilica, then he will accompany you to the entrance of the church and from there you can visit it on your own ... How long to stay inside and what to visit will be at your complete discretion!
- The explanations will be given to you outside the Basilica: in addition to enjoying the beauty of St Mark’s Square, you will have more opportunities to interact with the guide compared to the classic guided tours that take place entirely inside, where silence is recommended, if not mandatory, since the Basilica is a religious building on top of a tourist attraction.
- Visit St Mark's Basilica without the crowds: in the afternoon you will have the opportunity to explore the Basilica at a quieter time compared to the morning, when the normal guided tours take place with consequent overcrowding of the building, especially late in the morning.
- There will be a small number of participants, with a maximum of 25 people, during the initial explanation: this will allow you to listen directly to the guide, since no earphones are needed, and to enjoy a more intimate and engaging experience.
How the experience unfolds
At the indicated meeting point, you will meet the guide who will give you with a brief historical and artistic introduction to the Basilica directly outside the building; at the end of the explanations the guide will accompany you to the door used for skip the line access and will assist you in the entry procedures through the dedicated turnstiles.
Inside the Basilica the visit is free, so you can decide whether to stick to the pre-established route and leave thereafter or visit the Museum of St Mark - which includes access to the external terrace of the Basilica, from which you can admire a picturesque panorama of St Mark’s Square, the Pala d'Oro and St Mark’s Treasure.
St Mark’s Basilica
Mosaics, architectural structures and sacred and allegorical depictions adorn the interior and exterior of the building and constitute an iconographic representation of inestimable value ... Let yourself be swept away by the glitter of the golden mosaics, come into contact with the mystical and spiritual atmosphere that permeates it and stop to admire the altar where the remains of St Mark are kept: St Mark’s Basilica combines history, art and faith from the East and the West!
Rebuilt several times and embellished over the centuries, it houses treasures of great value, collected by the Venetians in various parts of the world and donated as a tribute to the town's patron saint, St Mark. It therefore embodies a journey through the history of Venice itself, seen through the supreme elegance of art and the glittering treasures preserved inside.
Reviews for St Marks Basilica: 30-minute English introduction by a local guide & Skip the line entry
Group of friends
Booking No. 19109674
Reviewed on 18 Jul `19
I chose this tour because I was looking for something manageable in terms of price and duration...and so it was! The guide was excellent, the only reason I don't rate it 10 is that at 14.30, in the middle of summer just like now, it's rather hot...
Booking No. 19100887
Reviewed on 08 Jul `19
An original way to visit St Mark’s Basilica!
Booking No. 1990697
Reviewed on 30 Jun `19
I thought this tour was very good because it allows you to listen to the explanations of the guide on the outside and then visit the inside at leisure, plus you can skip the line... what could be better than that!
Skip the line entry
Unusual Perspectives of St. Mark's Basilica: guided visit of the Museum with access to the terrace