St Marks Basilica 30-minute introduction by a local guide & Skip the line entry
Duration: approx. 30 minutes Location: Venice
This tour was already booked by 35 people
- Per person
- € 15.00
Why choose this experience?
|1||An original experience between a guided tour and an admission ticket, that includes 30 minutes with the guide on the outside, in the splendid setting of St Mark’s Square, followed by a visit to the Basilica on your own|
|2||Skip-the-line access is included, giving you the possibility to avoid the often-long queues outside the Cathedral|
|3||For the small number of participants, which gives you the chance to interact more with the guide, and the possibility to visit the Basilica in the afternoon, when it is less crowded as opposed to morning time|
Ideal for those who want something in between a classic guided tour and a straightforward admission ticket, this new experience combines the format of an independent tour with a shorter duration: experience a new way to learn about and discover the wonders of St. Mark's Basilica in Venice with skip the line tickets!
- You will enjoy St Mark's Basilica queue jump and guide without having to buy a standard guided tour: it is in fact a smarter and more enjoyable experience to learn about and discover St Mark’s Basilica. A short introduction and skip-the-line ticket both conveniently booked online!
- Unlike the classic guided tours lasting about one hour, you will decide how long the visit will last: the guide will provide you with a brief historical and artistic introduction for about 30 minutes outside the Basilica, at the end of which you will enter the Basilica on your own ... How long to stay inside and what to visit will be at your complete discretion!
- The explanations will be given to you outside the Basilica: in addition to enjoying the beauty of St Mark’s Square, you will have more opportunities to interact with the guide compared to the classic guided tours that take place entirely inside, where silence is recommended, if not mandatory, since the Basilica is a religious building on top of a tourist attraction.
- Visit St Mark's Basilica without the crowds: in the afternoon you will have the opportunity to explore the Basilica at a quieter time compared to the morning, when the normal guided tours take place with consequent overcrowding of the building, especially late in the morning.
- There will be a small number of participants, with a maximum of 25 people, during the initial explanation: this will allow you to listen directly to the guide, since no earphones are needed, and to enjoy a more intimate and engaging experience.
How the experience unfolds
At the indicated meeting point, you will meet the guide who will give you with a brief historical and artistic introduction to the Basilica directly outside the building; at the end of the explanations the guide will accompany you to the door used for skip the line access and will assist you in the entry procedures through the dedicated turnstiles.
Inside the Basilica the visit is free, so you can decide whether to stick to the pre-established route and leave thereafter or visit the Museum of St Mark - which includes access to the external terrace of the Basilica, from which you can admire a picturesque panorama of St Mark’s Square, the Pala d'Oro and St Mark’s Treasure.
St Mark’s Basilica
Mosaics, architectural structures and sacred and allegorical depictions adorn the interior and exterior of the building and constitute an iconographic representation of inestimable value ... Let yourself be swept away by the glitter of the golden mosaics, come into contact with the mystical and spiritual atmosphere that permeates it and stop to admire the altar where the remains of St Mark are kept: St Mark’s Basilica combines history, art and faith from the East and the West!
Rebuilt several times and embellished over the centuries, it houses treasures of great value, collected by the Venetians in various parts of the world and donated as a tribute to the town's patron saint, St Mark. It therefore embodies a journey through the history of Venice itself, seen through the supreme elegance of art and the glittering treasures preserved inside.
from 14 June to 31 October 2019.Departure point:
Piazzetta dei Leoncini (the guide will wait for you in between the two lion statues).
Free for children up to 5 years.
approx. 30 minutes
There will be no refund in case of NO-SHOW (if you don’t show up at the start of the tour at the time and the meeting point specified on the voucher) and/or rejection of the service on the day; if customers wander off during the tour; or if they decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
You must be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time specified.
This is a group tour, so there might be other participants who have booked it, up to a maximum of 25 people.
The Procuratoria of St Mark reserves the right to deny, at any time and without notice, access to the Basilica due to reasons of force majeure (e.g. flooding) and/or safety. During religious functions, exceptional high tides or special events and celebrations, access to St Mark’s Basilica might not be possible and consequently the tour may not take place regularly.
Suitable attire is required to visit St Mark’s Basilica (no shorts or sleeveless tops) and for security reasons backpacks are not allowed.
- Once the payment has been confirmed, the booking cannot be changed, cancelled or refunded.
- St Mark’s Museum: adult € 5.00; concession € 2.50 (children and young people between 6 and 18 years); concession € 4.00 (adults in groups of over 25 people). Includes access to the terrace of St Mark’s Basilica.
- Pala d'Oro: adult € 2.00; concession € 1.00 (children and young people between 6 and 18 years); concession € 1.50 (adults in groups of over 25 people).
- St Mark’s Treasure: adult € 3.00; concession € 1.50 (children and young people between 6 and 18 years); concession € 2.00 (adults in groups of over 25 people).
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled. The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or receiving a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
- € 0.00
Private gondola ride - 30 minutes
Duration: approx. 30 minutes
up to 6 people
- € 105.00
VIP Guided Evening Visit to St. Mark's Basilica with access to the crypt
Duration: approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Per person
- € 89.00
Skip The Line: St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace Tours
Duration: approx. 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Per person
- € 65.00
- per service