The best of Burano: afternoon guided tour
Why choose this experience?
|1||To explore Burano accompanied by a local tourist guide, who will show you the thousand facets of this beautiful island|
|2||To immerse yourself in the past, the vibrant traditions and the countless legends of the most colorful island of Venice during a pleasant walk|
|3||Because of the convenient starting point of the tour, located directly in Burano allowing you to freely plan your travelling!|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 9 people
All yearDeparture point:
in front of the bronze statues opposite the ACTV waterbus stop in Burano.
- COVID-19: to participate in the tour you must wear the face mask. Remember to take it with you!
- The voucher issued at the end of the booking must be presented at the time of the visit either on paper or on electronic devices.
- We advise you to arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time specified.
- In case of exceptional high water the tour will not take place.
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you, up to a maximun of 30 participants.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Visiting Burano with a local guide is definitely one of the experiences to add to your holiday plan in of Venice! Suitable for adults and children, this exciting Burano Island afternoon tour can be joined by any type of traveler - tourists, but also people who live nearby and want to learn more about the area where they live – to discover an island that, in addition to lace and colorful houses, has much more to tell!
Unfortunately, Burano does not get the credit it deserves: included only in the classic tourist itineraries to the three islands, it is often the destination of a quick visit that falls short of a full appreciation of its extraordinary beauty. Thanks to this Burano afternoon tour, however, you will explore the island in peace, with a pleasant walk that combines art, history, legends and interesting facts!
Silvia, your guide
Burano is her home! Silvia loves the island and has known it since she was a child: today she is a licensed tour guide who is committed to making the real side of Burano known beyond its famous lace and brightly colored houses. Silvia will introduce you to the most authentic side of the island, known only to those who spend their time here every day... Her tours are designed to engage the visitor in the life of the island far beyond the classic picture-postcard places. During the visit of Burano in the afternoon, Silvia will also provide you with valuable tips for shopping in local craft shops or to taste delicious sweet and savory delicacies in patisseries and restaurants.
The visit in short
The itinerary of this new guided Burano afternoon tour goes beyond the packaged tours and instead offers an authentic and genuine appreciation of the everyday life of an island that seems suspended in time. Thanks to Silvia, you will not take part in a guided tour but in a real journey through the traditions and the most hidden charms of this spectacular island.
Burano is included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites: are you ready to find out why? During this original and engaging visit to the best of Burano you will admire, among others:
- the House of Umberto Moggioli, an Italian painter who lived between the 19th and 20th centuries, who chose Burano as his home
- The Bridge of the Assassins
- Calle Frana
- The Old Fish Market and the New Fish Market
- Campanile Storto
- Remigio Barbaro’s house-museum, the 'hermit sculptor' of Burano
- The monument to the Three Saints
- The Church of San Martino and Santa Barbara
Immerse yourself in the true atmosphere of the island, let yourself be enchanted by its many colors and feel part of its ancient traditions... In addition to the past and friendly anecdotes related to the places you will visit along the way, the guide will reveal to you the true history of Burano and its links with Torcello, the origin of the colored houses and the maintenance work they require to be always so 'bright', the dialect, the customs and life of the Buranelli - the inhabitants of Burano - the history of lace and much more!
Burano is the ideal destination to spend a day, or even just a few hours away from the hustle and bustle of Venice: thanks to the convenient connections to the historical center, reaching the island is quick and easy. Moreover, with the starting point of the visit being in Burano, there is an advantage not to be underestimated: you will decide when and how to reach the island, perhaps even taking time to have lunch in a typical restaurant or visit the Lace Museum!
- from Venice: line 12 (about 40 minutes) or line 14 (about 75 minutes)
- from Punta Sabbioni: line 14 (about 30 minutes)
Visit Burano in the afternoon and immerse yourself in the fairytale atmosphere of this magic island in the company of a guide who experiences it every day!
And if instead of an afternoon walk you prefer to discover Burano in the morning or late afternoon, with an unusual experience that includes a guided visit and a dinner in Burano, have a look at our proposals and choose the best one for you!