The best of Burano: afternoon guided tour
Why choose this experience?
|1||Explore Burano with a Burano born and bred tour guide, who will show you the many facets of this beautiful island.|
|2||Take a step back in time, and discover the most authentic side of Burano, not just the lace productions and the colorful houses!|
|3||The walk lasts an hour and a half and then you can plan the rest of your trip or stay on the island at your leisure.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 28 people
All yearDeparture point:
In front of the bronze statues opposite the ACTV waterbus stop in Burano.
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the meeting point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time.
- In case of exceptional high water the tour will not take place.
- Locate in advance the meeting point to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you, up to a maximun of 30 participants.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Unlike the standard tourist packages, with our Burano Island afternoon tour you will immerse yourself in an original experience in the company of a passionate local guide, who will lead you to the discovery of the most colorful island of the lagoon in all its facets.
Our Burano afternoon tour is suitable for couples, families with children and groups of friends… Not only tourists visiting Venice, but also people living nearby who want to get to know the area where they live.
The limited duration of the guided tour and the possibility to freely choose the transport from and to Burano will allow you to plan your visit to Burano in complete freedom, have lunch or dinner in one of the traditional restaurants or go shopping in the local small shops... The guide will be happy to provide you with hints and tips to experience the island to the fullest!
The guided tour: a short overview
A unique cityscape, unlike anywhere else in the world, has earned Burano the inclusion in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. There are plenty of reasons Burano will wow you. During the guided walk you will discover:
- The history of Burano and its links with the nearby island of Torcello
- The colorful houses of Burano: origins and maintenance
- The house of Umberto Moggioli – the Italian painter who lived between the 1800s and 1900s, who chose Burano as his home, Ponte degli Assassini, Calle Frana
- The Old Fish Market and the New Fish Market
- A glimpse to San Francesco del Deserto, with a brief history of the island and the nearby abandoned forts
- The inhabitants of Burano, known as 'Buranelli': dialect, traditions and life of the fishermen
- Campanile Storto: legend or truth?
- The house-museum of Remigio Barbaro, the 'hermit sculptor' of Burano
- The monument to the 3 Saints and the legend of the casket
- The Church of San Martino and Santa Barbara
- The history of Burano lace with a brief demonstration of the needlework technique
Silvia was born and raised in Burano and for this reason she loves and knows her island inside out. As a licensed tour guide, she can offer a visit to get in touch with the people and traditions of Burano, a tour to make you learn about the life of the island beyond a standard walk through the picture-postcard views. She will advise you on what and where to eat - restaurants and specialties not to be missed, and she will give you tips for your shopping in the best local craft shops and how to visit the best of Burano.
How to get to Burano
The meeting point of our Burano afternoon tour is in Burano: you can easily reach it by water taxi or the ACTV water buses:
- from Venice: line 12 (about 40 minutes) or line 14 (about 75 minutes)
- from Punta Sabbioni: line 14 (about 30 minutes)
Would you like to discover Burano in the afternoon and stop for dinner after the guided tour? Watch our ideas for tours in Burano!