The River Piave Valley: a walk steeped in history and nature (private tour)
Why choose this experience?
|1||Take a walk of about 5 km in the River Piave countryside in the company of an expert nature guide.|
|2||Discover the places of the Great War that Hemingway narrated in his books, after being wounded right here during the World War.|
|3||Discover the nature heritage of the River Piave and get to know its traditions and folklore.|
This tour has been already booked by 8 people
From September to JuneDeparture point:
Via Piave n. 25, 30020 Noventa di Piave (VE)
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the meeting point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time. At the departure point, a member of staff will check your voucher and give you instructions.
- This is a private tour: the guide will only lead your group – maximum 30 people.
- The route is approximately 5.5 km and flat (round trip along the same route). It is easy and suitable for participants aged 6 and over. Suitable for Nordic walking. The route is not suitable for strollers.
- We recommend comfortable clothes, possibly in layers, waterproof jacket or cape, sports or hiking shoes, at least 1.5 liters of water per person, hat, mosquito repellent lotion, sunscreen, snacks.
- Locate in advance the meeting point on the map to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the activity.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Get to know the history and traditions of the River Piave and its valley during an interesting guided excursion along its banks and in the surrounding countryside. Get ready to travel back in time and rediscover how life revolved in the last century around the river known as Sacro alla Patria, thanks to its strategic role during the Great War.
You will depart from Noventa di Piave with a local nature guide, who will tell you all about this city which in the past was an important river port. Outside the town, you will cross green meadows and silent woods, retracing the places of the Great War.
Right here the famous American writer Ernest Hemingway was injured in 1918: he left traces of it in his books "A Farewell to Arms" and "Across the River and into the Trees", where he mentions the Yellow House, the first thing he saw after being wounded at Buso Burato, and which will remain sadly etched forever in his memories.
The excursion winds for just over 5 km and lasts about two and a half hours: the route is easy and also suitable for children from 6 years old. This is a private tour, available for groups of up to 30 people; the cost, therefore, is per service. Comfortable clothing and hiking shoes are recommended.
This walk in the River Piave Valley is a invaluable opportunity to learn about a fundamental period of local and national history, but also to come into contact with the extraordinary nature heritage of the River Piave.