Tintoretto in Venice: private guided tours to discover his masterpieces
Duration: starting from 2 hours Location: Venice
This tour was already booked by 7 people
- € 225.00
Why choose this experience?
|1||Because you can choose the itinerary you prefer and book online your private guided tour to discover the works and places of Tintoretto in Venice|
|2||To admire the works guarded inside the church of the Madonna dell'Orto, where Tintoretto rests, and be left speechless upon viewing the famous paintings of the Scuola Grande di San Rocco|
|3||Because you can discover the masterpieces kept in the sacristy of the Basilica della Salute and the ones in the Gallerie dell'Accademia in a fascinating itinerary of about two hours|
In addition to the private tour of Galleria dell’Accademia & Scuola Grande di San Rocco, we have two other itineraries to suggest that will take you on a discovery of the works of Tintoretto in Venice... These are new itineraries, designed by us for those who wish to combine a visit of a classic part of Venice with a less touristy destination.
To book one of these visits, just send us a request by filling out the form on the right with the relevant information (language, date and route that interests you): we will reply with all the details as soon as possible!
Please note that the prices shown only include the guided tour, entrance tickets will be purchased directly on site.
ITINERARY 1 - CHURCH OF THE MADONNA DELL'ORTO AND SCUOLA GRANDE DI SAN ROCCO
- Duration: approx. 3 hours
- Cost: €335.00 per service, up to 10 people
The cost includes only the guided tour: to enter the Church of the Madonna dell'Orto a small contribution will be asked, used towards covering the cost of lighting and upkeeping; to enter the Scuola Grande di San Rocco, you will need to purchase the entry ticket on site.
- Meeting point: in front of the church of Madonna dell'Orto.
- Availability: from Monday to Saturday at 2.00 pm
The church of Madonna dell'Orto is considered one of the most beautiful churches in Venice. Inside there is an incredible amount of works of art, including ten paintings by Tintoretto, who was very fond of this church because it is located at just a short distance from his home. Here lie his remains, together with the ones of his sons, Domenico and Marietta, and his father-in-law.
During the visit you can admire the two huge canvases, more than 14 meters tall, depicting the Adoration of the golden calf and the Last Judgment, in addition to the very famous Presentation of the Virgin. Among the other works, it is worth pointing out the Miracle of St. Agnes and The vision of St Peter.
In addition to works by Tintoretto, the Church of Madonna dell'Orto also contains works by Cima da Conegliano, Palma il Giovane, Giovanni Bellini and Tiziano.
A pleasant walk of about 20 minutes will take you to the second stage of our itinerary: the Scuola Grande di San Rocco. During the walk your guide will tell you anecdotes on the painter and his works in the city of the water.
Tintoretto worked for more than twenty years at the Scuola di San Rocco, creating what has been called his 'Sistine chapel': over 60 paintings of extraordinary beauty and coherence that compose one of the greatest pictorial cycles of Venetian art.
Even today, all the canvases can be admired in their original location: accompanied by your guide you will cross the three rooms decorated by Tintoretto – Sala dell’albergo, Sala Capitolare, Sala terrena - to admire masterpieces such as San Rocco in Gloria, the Crucifixion, the Adoration of the shepherds, The Last Supper of San Rocco, The Adoration of the Magi, The Flight into Egypt, The Presentation at the Temple and The Assumption of the Virgin, just to name a few.
An itinerary of great charm that, in just three hours, will allow you to explore Tintoretto in the two places in Venice he was most connected to: the church of Madonna dell'Orto and the Scuola Grande di San Rocco!
ITINERARY 2 – SACRISTY OF BASILICA DELLA SALUTE AND GALLERIE DELL’ACCADEMIA
- Duration: approx. 2 hours
- Cost: €225.00 per service, up to 10 people.
The cost only includes the guided tour: to enter Sacrestia della Salute and the Gallerie dell'Accademia you will need to buy a ticket on the spot.
- Meeting point: in front of the Basilica della Salute.
- Availability: Tuesday to Sunday at 3.00 pm (except January 1, May 1, December 25)
Not everyone knows that the Sacristy of Basilica della Salute is a small treasure chest... In addition to numerous works by Tiziano, Padovanino and Palma il Giovane, the sacristy also houses a large canvas by Tintoretto, The Wedding at Cana. Legend has it that this painting actually contains a self-portrait, right in the middle of the arch at the centre of the Sala.
After visiting the sacristy, with a short walk you will reach the Gallerie dell’Accademia of Venice where you can admire Cain slaying Abel, the Stealing of the Dead Body of St Mark, The Miracle of St Mark Freeing the Slave, Dream of St Mark and the Deposition of Christ... And many other extraordinary works by Tintoretto that you can appreciate and explore in detail thanks to the explanations of our brilliant guide!
Our second itinerary, about two hours long, will end inside the Gallerie dell'Accademia: at the end of the guided tour, you can stay inside the museum and continue your visit independently.
Madonna dell'Orto and Scuola di San Rocco or Sacristy of Basilica della Salute and Gallerie dell'Accademia? Choose the itinerary you prefer and get ready for an exciting journey to discover Tintoretto in Venice!
all year, except for 1 January, 1 May, 25 December.Departure point:
- ITINERARY 1 – in front of the Church of Madonna dell’Orto.
- ITINERARY 2 - in front of the Basilica della Salute.
The price for both itineraries includes only the guided tour, entry tickets will be purchased on site.
starting from 2 hours
Before booking, please be advised that it is compulsory to print a paper copy of the voucher issued at the end of the online reservation and bring it with you the day of the tour.
No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a NO SHOW (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher).
Church of the Madonna dell’Orto
- € 3,00 a persona
Scuola Grande di San Rocco
- Adult: €10.00
- Concessions*: €8.00 (young people up to 26 years old, over 65s, groups of at least 20 people (with 1 free leader)
- Family special: free for children up to 18 years, belonging to the same family and accompanied by at least one parent
- School groups: €3.00 for primary, middle and high schools (up to 18 years) upon presenting the list of participants on school letterheaded paper. Teachers: 1 free for every 20 students; each additional teacher or accompanying person: €3.00
- Free* (Church officials and disabled)
Sacristy of the Basilica della Salute
- Adult: €4.00
- Concessions*: €2.00 (students; Venice citizens; over 65s; journalists; members of FAI, ICOM, UNESCO, KEYVENICE; groups of 5 to 35 people)
- Free* (children up to 9 years; disabled; church officials; one teacher every 10 students of school trips)
- Adult: €15.00
- Concessions*: €7.50 (EU citizens aged 18 to 25; teachers who are not accompanying groups of students)
- Free*: under 18 of any nationality; teachers and students of degree courses, specialist degrees or post-graduate specialization and research doctorates of the following faculties: Architecture, Cultural heritage conservation, Education sciences or Literature and philosophy with archaeology or history/art modules; teachers and students enrolled in the Academies of Fine Arts; school teaching staff, both on a permanent and temporary contract; volunteers of charity organizations involved in Cultural Heritage promotional activities; employees of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Tourism; I.C.O.M. members; disabled people and caretakers; journalists; EU tour interpreters accompanying a guide.
*When purchasing the ticket, you will be asked for the document, or card, that confirms your right to the reduction/gratuity.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that may prevent the tour already purchased to run regularly (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute), the tour might be cancelled. The customer will be notified of this as soon as possible and will be asked to choose between postponing the tour on the first date available or receiving a prompt refund of the price paid for the tour, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Skip the line: Doge's Palace Guided Tour
Duration: approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Per person
- € 36.00
Tintoretto: gametour with costumed actors in Venice
Duration: approx. 1 hour and 15 minutesBook