Venice Grand Canal Guided Boat Tour
Why choose this experience?
|1||Discover the allure of sailing on the Grand Canal on one of the most elegant boats in Venice: a motorboat|
|2||Thanks to an expert local guide, you will learn the history of the Grand Canal and mysteries and anecdotes related to the elegant Venetian buildings built along its banks|
|3||You will admire the incredible interweaving of canals and bridges that connect every corner of the city and see one of the world’s most famous bridges directly from the water: the Rialto Bridge|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 376 people
all year.Departure point:
San Marco 71/f - Near to Tourist Information Office.
Until 31 March 2020
From 1 April to 31 October 2020
Full price: €39.00
approx. 1 hour
- After the confirmation of your booking, you can download a voucher, which will also be sent to you via email. Please remember that you will be requested to show it, either a paper copy or on mobile devices. Make sure you have it with you!
- We advise you to arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time specified. There you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to join the tour. Please note that there is a short walk from the meeting point to the point of embarkation!
- This is a shared tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you. Please be advised that each motorboat can accommodate up to a maximum of 10 people so with bookings of more than 10 people, your group will certainly be divided into two or more boats.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
This special tour will take you along what is considered 'the most beautiful street in the world', Venice’s Grand Canal!
To the people living in Venice this Canal has a unique and exceptional meaning: it’s exactly along its course that the first section of Venice was established as a collection of small wooden houses that, over time, was replaced by majestic and noble palaces, turning the Grand Canal into the most important transport route in the city.
With our guided Grand Canal tour in Venice by motorboat you will leave from St Mark’s Square, the heart of the city, on board an elegant motorboat and, thanks to the explanations of an expert local guide, you will feel transported back to the glorious past of the Venetian Republic. You will find yourself imagining to be sailing alongside large galleys and vessels instead of taxis and waterbuses!
You will sail the entire length of the Grand Canal to discover the mysteries that lie within the walls of the sumptuous mansions that sit along its course, covering a total length of three thousand eight hundred meters with buildings built over five hundred years... During the motorboat ride you will have the opportunity to admire them from a privileged position!
Thanks to this guided Grand Canal Venice boat tour you will take in the elegant atmosphere of the golden age of the great Republic, learn about the history of the most important noble families who lived on these shores and the art and architecture of these beautiful and unique buildings.
Relax on board the motorboat after the long walks in the city and enjoy the view of Venice from the water!
This all-new Grand Canal tour in Venice, Italy, will open your heart and mind: sailing along the Grand Canal you will contemplate the reflections of the buildings on the water and listen to the lapping sound of the waves. Our guide, who will accompany you throughout the itinerary, will show you the most famous buildings in Venice such as Ca 'Dario, known for the dramatic and mysterious events of many of its owners; Ca 'Rezzonico, which houses the works of great artists such as Canaletto, Tintoretto and Tiepolo; Ca 'Pesaro, an imposing palace in Baroque-Venetian style, today housing the Gallery of Modern Art; Ca 'D'oro, a magnificent example of flowery gothic; the Fondaco dei Turchi, home today to the Natural History Museum; Palazzo Loredan Vendramin Calergi, which today houses the Venice Casino and many more!
On the way you will also see spectacular churches that break up this long sequence of residences: you will admire the monumental baroque church of Santa Maria della Salute, built to commemorate the end of the black plague in 1630; San Stae, with its distinctive Gothic-style façade embellished with elegant statues; you will also see the church of Santa Maria di Nazareth, better known as Scalzi; and San Simeone Piccolo, whose magnificent architecture is inspired by Rome’s Pantheon.
But there is more to it! You will admire three of Venice's most famous bridges: Rialto Bridge, Accademia Bridge and Scalzi Bridge ... You will pass underneath them to admire their centuries-old imposing structure from a unique perspective! Let yourself be swept away by the time-honored magnificence that embraces the main waterway of this city!
During the route, you will leave behind the chaotic traffic of the waterbuses, taxis and gondolas typical of city life in the Grand Canal and venture into the smaller canals crossing the city to get a feeling of the quieter life of this side of Venice and discover enchanting views you can only glimpse from the water.
Our guided Grand Canal cruise in Venice is a unique opportunity to see Venice as you've never seen it before. You will get to know the true essence of this ancient city and relish the atmosphere of a world that seems lost, but which is still all there thanks to the concrete and visible testimonies of the glorious past of Venice.
The precious marble coverings might be worn out, the frescoes have lost their shine, the foundations have been weakened by the waves, but the Grand Canal is still today the expression of a unique and undisputed beauty all over the world! A Venice Grand Canal cruise that combines a boat ride and a guided tour in a unique experience! Book online now!