Venice Lido by bike: half-day guided tour among art, history and nature
Why choose this experience?
|1||Discover the charm of Venice Lido with a fascinating half-day guided bike tour|
|2||Fully catered for: you will reach Venice Lido by ferry from Tronchetto, bike and helmet rental are included, an escort will be at your disposal for the entire duration of the itinerary|
|3||Get in touch with art, history and nature and admire famous attractions such as the Palazzo del Cinema, the Murazzi and the Liberty Villas!|
This tour has been already booked by 7 people
from 1 March to 3 November 2020.Departure point:
People Mover - Tronchetto stop.
PLEASE NOTE: the voucher issued at the end of the booking must be printed on paper and presented at the time of the visit.
There will be no refund in case of NO-SHOW (non-attendance at the meeting) and / or rejection of the service on the day, if customers wander off during the tour or if they decide to leave the tour before the end of the service.
Please arrive at the meeting point on time to receive your bike and the necessary material. The departure of the ferry boat is scheduled approx. 30 minutes after the meeting time. At the starting point of the tour you will meet a member of staff who will check your vouchers and give you instructions on how to take part in the tour.
This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
In case of heavy rain, the tour will be suspended and you will be reimbursed the entire cost of the service (excluding any payment commissions). There will be no refund with rain starting after the tour start.
Although the tour route is not particularly difficult, the participation of children under the age of 8 is not recommended.
Comfortable shoes and clothes are recommended.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Have you already enjoyed the most popular itineraries in Venice and want to experience something different? Maybe you want to try a new experience and spend a few hours away from the crowds that swarm into the historic center?
This all-new guided Venice lagoon bike tour will let you discover the wonders of this little-known area of Venice away from traditional tourist routes. You feel enchanted by the historical and naturalistic beauty of the Venice Lido and admire the intimate but volatile bond of the splendid and famous city of Venice with the sea!
You will meet your escort at the People Mover stop at Tronchetto, Venice, where you will pick up your bike, helmet and a small bottle of water, an essential item in every bike ride. Are you ready to board the ferry with your bike and start this original Venice lido bike tour?
The first part of our biking tour of the Venice lagoon, on board the ferry, will see you sailing along the Giudecca Canal towards Venice Lido. You will enjoy a splendid panorama and admire in peace famous buildings such as Chiesa della Salute, Punta della Dogana and the Basilica of Saint George... Not forgetting beautiful St Mark’s Square and its reflection on the water! Let your mind and heart be swept away by these magical views on the way to Venice Lido.
Once you have arrived, you will start the guided tour by bicycle of the Venice lagoon led by an expert guide who will entertain you with compelling stories, legends and interesting local facts.
- The first stage of this brand-new Venice Lido bike tour will be the ancient Jewish cemetery dating back to 1386, the year in which the Republic of Venice gave to the Jews a portion of uncultivated land in San Nicolò of Lido for a cemetery to be built. Today it is still possible to admire up close some splendid historical monuments.
- The tour will then continue along some streets with wonderful Art Nouveau villas for which the Venice Lido is famous, until you reach the lagoon boundary stones marking the ancient confines of the Venice Lagoon as established in the past by the Serenissima Republic.
- After a short break in small but characteristic Malamocco, the tour will continue towards the Lido beaches where the Adriatic Sea crashes on the Murazzi, an imposing Istrian stone dam built by the Serenissima Republic to defend the banks of the lagoon from the erosion of the sea and protect Venice from flooding.
- From the seafront you will arrive directly outside the majestic Palazzo del Cinema, the focal point of the annual International Film Festival.
- But the bike ride does not end there... On your way back, you will also see the former Ospedale al Mare, opened in 1933 and once a famous and cutting-edge medical center. Today the building is completely abandoned... The imposing structure is a reminder of its glorious past!
The Venice Lido is a rich strip of land full of surprises: history, art, architecture and nature are the protagonists of our original and beautiful 16 km long Venice lagoon bike tour…!
Will you choose to leave in the morning to admire the slow awakening of the lagoon and its inhabitants, or embark in the afternoon to be enchanted by a fiery sunset over Venice? Two truly spectacular moments of the day to experience the beautiful Venetian lagoon!
Wear comfortable clothes and discover an unusual side to Venice: just a few clicks is all it takes to book this original Venice bike rental with guide tour and set off in the discovery of Venice Lido by bike!
The tour includes bike and helmet rental for the entire duration of the itinerary, a bottle of water (0,5 l), escort and the cost for transporting the bicycle on the ferry for the Venice Tronchetto-Venice Lido section. However, the ferry ticket for each person is excluded: you must therefore independently purchase the ticket, at the ticket office at Tronchetto or online, in our section dedicated to Venice’s public transport. You can either buy a single ticket or the tourist travel cards valid for 24, 48, 72 hours and 7 days as this navigation route is included in the normal ACTV fares.