St Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace Skip the line Tours
Why choose this experience?
|1||To visit the two buildings that have accompanied Venice in every step of its fascinating history, without spending precious time in long lines at the entrance: St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace|
|2||You will admire priceless works of art, evidence of the refined taste and immense power achieved in the past by Venice thanks to a fascinating guided tour of about 2 hours|
|3||Cross the famous Bridge of Sighs and visit the eerie prisons of the Republic of Venice where Giacomo Casanova was also imprisoned|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 30,096 people
all year, except for 1 and 6 January, 25 April, 15 August, 1 November, 8 and 25 December.
In this post Coronavirus period, this tour is not available but we suggest you this new guided tour 'Doge's Palace skip-the-line tour & Guided visit to St. Mark's Basilica Museum & Terrace'.Departure point:
TURIVE kiosk, located on Calle larga de l'Ascension, near the St. Mark's Post Office, behind Correr Museum
- After the confirmation of your booking, you can download a voucher, which will also be sent to you via email. Please remember that you will be requested to show it, either a paper copy or on mobile devices. Make sure you have it with you!
- We advise you to arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time specified. At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour. Please be advised that, due to the new security measures concerning the entrance into the major Venice museums, there might be queues at the entrance, with consequent protraction of the usual waiting time to access the museums.
- During the winter period (from November 1st to March 31st) the tour is bilingual, because explanations will be provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed.
- Access to the Basilica is only permitted to visitors with suitable attire (no shorts or vest or tops) and backpacks are not allowed for safety reasons.
- The Procuratoria di San Marco reserves the right to prohibit visits and access to the basilica at any time and without notice for reasons of force majeure (e.g. high water) and/or safety reasons. In cases of extra liturgical ceremonies, exceptional high tides or other special occasions, access to St Mark's Basilica may not be permitted and therefore the tour will not take place.
- This is a shared tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- This is a combo tour including 2 single tours.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
In this post Coronavirus period, this tour is not available but we suggest you this new guided tour 'Doge's Palace skip-the-line tour & Guided visit to St. Mark's Basilica Museum & Terrace'.
This impressive tour will lead you to the discovery of the two most important places in the history of the Republic of Venice: Doge's Palace, the centre of the temporal power, and St. Mark's Basilica, the symbol of spiritual power and religion.
A tour that stands out in the vast panorama of Venetian tourism thanks to the time dedicated to visiting the two most prestigious buildings in Venice with interesting and in-depth explanations of a historical-artistic type seasoned with some unusual and particular venetian curiosities ... the only way to learn about the history of Venice and its wonderful traditions!
After visiting Venice's Palazzo dei Dogi, the former seat of the judiciary and the Doges which now houses the Museum of the Doge's Palace, you will also visit St Mark's Basilica in Venice, which has for centuries guarded the precious relics of St. Mark.
The first structure of the Doge's Palace was built around the ninth century… Over the centuries it has been altered several times to become a real jewel of Venetian Gothic architecture.
Taking part in this fascinating tour, you will discover the precious rooms of the Doge’s Palace in Venice, cross the famous Bridge of Sighs and walk to the Prisons where, just as a reminder, Giacomo Casanova was also locked up. A complete and detailed excursion to admire the hub of the Republic of Venice, between the beautiful artwork of the many artists called to exalt the splendour and countless masterpieces kept inside. The Doge's Palace in Venice is the route to visiting the Bridge of Sighs and the Opera Museum, the Giants' Staircase and the Golden Staircase, the Institutional Rooms, the Doge's Apartment and other incredible treasures...
Our tour will then take you to the splendid St Mark's Basilica, the chapel of Doge's Palace until the fall of the Venetian Republic and later elected as the cathedral of Venice.
Held in a deep spiritual atmosphere, mosaics, majestic architecture and sumptuous vestments make St Mark's Basilica a work of art of inestimable value.
During the visit you will be explained the scenes and particularities of the mosaics of St. Mark's Basilica comfortably seated in the central nave, an area reserved only for participants in our tour 'St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace'! To close your experience among the greatest vestiges of this wonderful lagoon city, is the visit to the beautiful Pala d'Oro.
Decorated with enamel made with the émail cloisonné technique and consisting of sheets of gilded silver, St Mark's Golden Pall was completed in 1345 with the setting of 1927 precious stones by master goldsmith Buoninsegna. Forming the background of the altar of St Mark's Basilica during only the most important liturgical celebrations, the Golden Pall is a true masterpiece of the goldsmith's art.
Entrance to St Mark's Church and Doge's Palace offers the exclusive opportunity to visit the two buildings that have witnessed in the forefront the evolution of the history of Venice! This page allows you to book Doge's Palace tickets and St Mark's Basilica tickets conveniently online with this unmissable guided tour!
If you want to take the time of the weekend to visit Venice, the tour 'Sunday Afternoon in Venice: St Mark's Basilica & Doge's Palace' will allow you to admire its symbol places also on Sunday afternoon at 3.00 pm!
Reviews for St Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace Skip the line Tours
Booking No. 1917207
Reviewed on 21 Jul `19
The booking process was easy and straightforward, with plenty of information for making booking choices. The booking did allow quick entry and a good look at the Basilica, which was awe-inspring for overwhelming beauty. Wonderful history, thorough briefing of the areas visited. I thought the tour did not take us to much of the facility as I had read was viewable in tourist guides was viewable and what you could actually go see. It would have been better if we had at least 20 minutes longer. Doge's tour was thorough and very well briefed. Very beautiful and impressive. Our guide was wonderful. These are must-see sites when visiting Venice.
simple, great guide
St Mark's tour was too short. From the directions I do not think the pre-tour meeting location was specific enough.
Booking No. 1832018
Reviewed on 06 Jul `18
'Skip The Line: St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace Tours - Venice'
The tour was great! "Skip-the-line" not so much
Very nice tour with significantly reduced line-wait time.
There was still a significant wait in line (for other "skip-the-line" tours). It was hard to figure out which of the many tours meeting at the same place we were to join.
Reply by venetoinside.com Staff
thank you for your feedback.
During the high season period, Venice is very crowded so we can understand that sometimes it could be hard to find the tour guide, but please consider that in the voucher details there is the tour guide description and there is also our emergency phone number to contact in case of need.
The venetoinside.com staff
Booking No. 1814618
Reviewed on 06 Apr `18
Fabulous tour of St Marks and Doges Palace. Wonderful guide, full of enthusiasm and fun. Could do with a little more organisation at meeting point but did not distract from experience. Felt like Vip’s Always in front of queues.
Booking No. 189112
Reviewed on 11 Mar `18
Very good expérience with a great guide
Booking No. 17191181
Reviewed on 09 Dec `17
'Spendid, very practical'
This allowed us to control our time as you are restricted where you can go. You can feel the pressure of a mass of people and the skip the line entry is wonderful and good. The views from the roof terrace which is highly recommended.
The Basilica San Marco and Palazzo Ducale are beautiful and full of history, can't be missed when visiting Venice
Booking No. 17203313
Reviewed on 25 Nov `17
Service sold by a Distribution Partner of Insidecom srl
'Perfect solution to avoiding the lines!'
Our tour went very smoothly .. . . we had no trouble finding our meeting spot and getting linked up with our guide. Her English was excellent and she hit the highlights of the Palace and Basilica. The tour ended without a trip up to the upper floor of the Basilica but our guide was able to get us back in so that w could go to the upper floor. You might want to ask your guide to drop you off early so that you don't have to go back in! And, yes, the lines were very long . . . . even at the end of October!
Booking No. 17203005
Reviewed on 15 Nov `17
This is a tour you have to do in order to grasp the significance of the ensemple piazza san marco.
Nice guide, great German, does not give dates and names you will forget anyway but a very good overview!
There are still lines and queues... ;)
Booking No. 17134739
Reviewed on 30 Oct `17
We booked a tour in German and where a group of about 25 guests. The tour with our guide Elisabeth was funny and very informative. Her lively and amusing guiding style was a refreshing change from the rather stern tours we had at other places. Her deep knowledge of the matter and the history of the visited places and the city of Venice showed in her explanations and her effortless answering of questions of her guests. Important places, works and historical connections were highlighted and set in context.
Very committed guide with very good knowledge and a good style of guiding.
Booking No. 17167425
Reviewed on 19 Oct `17
I recommend this tour to anyone who loves sight seeing and history. The guide spoke clear English and was very informative. Go and enjoy!!!!
Booking No. 17151670
Reviewed on 01 Oct `17
Service sold by a Distribution Partner of Insidecom srl
'Skip the line Basilica and Doge palazzo'
Great to visit with a well trained guide.
Skipping the lines + very good guide
Too many tourists but I was also one of them....
Unusual Perspectives of St. Mark's Basilica: guided visit of the Museum with access to the terrace
Private guided tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice