Venice Walking Tour & Doge's Palace Guided Visit - Special Venice 1600 years
Why choose this experience?
|1||To get in touch with the Ducal history of Venice and be seduced by one of the largest ancient maritime republics of the Mediterranean|
|2||Because it combines a fascinating walk through the historic centre and a visit to the Doge’s Palace|
|3||Learn everything about the famous St Mark’s Square, cross the famous Bridge of Sighs and visit the disturbing New Prisons|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 1,346 people
From 1 May to 2 November 2021Departure point:
under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square.
- COVID-19: to participate in the tour you are required to wear a face mask. Please don't forget it!
- Before booking, please be advised that it is compulsory to print a paper copy of the voucher issued at the end of the online reservation and bring it with you the day of the tour.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time. At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour. Please be advised that, due to the new security measures concerning the entrance into the major Venice museums, there might be queues at the entrance, with consequent protraction of the usual waiting time to access the museums.
- During the winter period (from November 1st to March 31st) the tour is bilingual, because explanations will be provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed.
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- This is a combo tour including 2 single tours.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
With this tour you will get in touch with the heart of Ducal Venice with a fascinating guided tour through the historic centre and inside the prestigious Doge's Palace in Venice; magical and fascinating itineraries that will allow you to pass through the gates of the thousand-year-long history of Venice.
The tour will start with an interesting visit to St Marks' Square, the starting point for a leisurely stroll to discover the most distinctive places of Venice and will terminate inside Palazzo Ducale in Venice and the precious rooms where the history of the Venice Republic was made.
In St Mark's Square, between monuments and palaces of unique beauty, you will listen to the description of the main buildings overlooking the square, such as St Mark's Cathedral, the Doge's Palace, the Bell Tower, The Clock Tower and the Procuratie. A complete overview of the enchanting St Mark's Square: what to see, discover and admire in one of the most famous squares in the world.
The tour will continue towards Santa Maria Formosa, where you will hear unusual anecdotes about this splendid church and the nearby square, and Campo Santi Giovanni and Paolo, where the Charity Schools and the equestrian statue of Bartolomeo Colleoni are located.
This exciting Ducal Venice tour will then take you to the most significant places of Venice, where history and myths are entwined: after visiting the site where Marco Polo's house once stood in Venice, you will admire from the outside the Malibran Theatre, which has long been known as the most extravagant theatre in the whole of Venice.
On the way back to St Mark's Square, the tour will visit the main shopping street in Venice: Mercerie, where precious goods from far away markets were once sold in Venice.
The second part of this fascinating visit includes a tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice. For centuries it was the seat of the political power of the formidable Venice Republic, the Doge's Palace is one of the symbols of Venice.
Thanks to this exclusive tour you will be able to visit the Opera Museum, the precious Doge's Apartments, the Institutional Chambers, the Arms Room and the Old Prisons and enjoy a tour of the Doge's Palace that will leave you speechless. You will be able to admire enchanting views from the first floor loggias, the intricate details of the Golden Staircase and the extreme realism of the paintings decorating its sumptuous rooms. The Doge's place in Venezia offers as many itineraries as the secrets that are held inside it!
The highlight of our tour will be a visit to the Bridge of Sighs and the New Prisons. Built in 1614 to link the Doge’s Palace to the Prisons, the Bridge of Sighs was later covered and divided into two parallel corridors. Its curious name derives from the last sigh that prisoners would let out whilst still on the loose and before being imprisoned: they indeed spent their last moments on the Bridge of Sighs before their incarceration.
A new itinerary to discover Ducal Venice, a thrilling tour between past and present that combines a scenic stroll in the historic centre and a fascinating visit to the Doge's Palace and the Bridge of Sighs.
Reviews for Venice Walking Tour & Doge's Palace Guided Visit - Special Venice 1600 years
Booking No. 191888
Reviewed on 25 Sep `19
Very interesting tour! The thing I liked most was the Ponte dei Sospiri and the atmosphere in the ancient prisons...brrrrrr
Family with children
Booking No. 1910982
Reviewed on 23 Aug `19
We are very satisfied with this tour! The guide was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions! Recommended experience!
Discover Venice Walking Tour and Shared Gondola Ride
Private guided tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice