Walking Tour of Venice and Shared Gondola Ride
Why choose this experience?
|1||Buy a combination of two different tours online at a lower price than the separate purchases.|
|2||Take a walk in Venice accompanied by an expert tour guide who will illuminate the history and interesting facts of the most important locations in the city.|
|3||On the gondola ride, discover all the charm of Venice seen from the water and the most authentic atmosphere of the minor canals.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 6,283 people
All year, except for 25 December and 1 JanuaryDeparture point:
TURIVE kiosk, located on Calle larga de l'Ascension, near the St. Mark's Post Office, behind Correr Museum
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the boarding point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time. At the departure point, a member of staff will check your voucher and give you instructions.
- This is a shared tour: both during the walk and on the gondola ride there may be other people. Each gondola can accommodate up to a maximum of 5 people: for bookings of more than 5 people, the group will be divided into two or more gondolas.
- The tour guide will speak exclusively in the language you chose at the time of booking, without repeating again the same explanations in other languages.
- The gondola ride might be suspended in case of bad weather. In such cases you are required to go to the tour departure point in order to know whether the tour takes place or not and any alternative ways to use the service.
- Locate in advance the meeting point on the map to avoid arriving late especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee you any refund (in full or in part) if you do not present yourself at the meeting point at the specified time or if you decide to leave the experience before the end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency contacts shown in the reservation voucher.
- Bear in mind that this is a combined tour of 2 single tours: the guided tour is only during the walk, while there are no explanations during the gondola ride. Between the walk and the gondola ride there is a break.
- Due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- The pictures on this page may not exactly represent the itinerary of the gondola ride.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Explore Venice with this combined tour consisting of a walk in Venice and a Gondola ride: a single online booking at a lower price than purchasing the services separately! Between the walk and the gondola ride there is a break.
Walk in Venice
The first part of the tour is a walk to discover the most important and significant places in the city. An expert tour guide will accompany you, telling you the history but also many anecdotes and interesting facts about the places you will encounter along the way.
The tour starts from St Mark’s Square, continues towards Santa Maria Formosa, with the splendid church and the square of the same name, and then reaches Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo. From here you will walk to the charming Corte dei Milion, where Marco Polo's house once stood, and a few steps away you will reach the famous Teatro Malibran. Finally, you will wander through the Mercerie, the fascinating group of streets where precious goods arriving in Venice from faraway countries were once sold.
Shared gondola ride
The second part of the tour includes an evocative gondola ride lasting about half an hour, to admire from the water the architectural masterpieces overlooking the canals and the myriad of bridges and views.
During the gondola tour you will see the famous Basilica della Salute from the outside, a majestic building that stands out in the striking panorama between St Mark’s Bay and the Grand Canal. You will then navigate some of the smaller canals, where you will discover a quieter and lesser-known Venice, whilst being lulled by the gentle sway of the boat. Finally, the gondola ride will take you to the most famous theater in Venice, La Fenice, to look at its splendid exteriors from the water.
Reviews for Walking Tour of Venice and Shared Gondola Ride
Booking No. 1772403
Reviewed on 19 Jun `17
Service sold by a Distribution Partner of Insidecom srl
'Walking Tour of Venice & Gondola Ride - Venice'
It was a very interresting walking tour that allowed us to discover in a short time some interresting part of Venice. The Gondola ride was very pleasant also.
Discover Venice Walking Tour and Shared Gondola Ride