Villa Sandi in Crocetta del Montello (TV): guided tour and wine tasting
Duration: approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Per person
- € 15.00
Why choose this experience?
|1||Visit Villa Sandi, a wonderful 17th century Palladian-style villa and the home of the famous Moretti Polegato family, and discover its underground galleries, oak barrel cellars and interiors decorated with exquisite elegance.|
|2||Taste two of the excellent wines from the cellars of Villa Sandi: DOCG brut vintage Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore and brut Opere Trevigiane Metodo Classico.|
|3||You will learn about all things wine and appreciate its close relationship with the history, culture and art of the area.|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 9 people
Alle year except: 1 January, 15 August, 25, 26 and 31 DecemberDeparture point:
Villa Sandi Wine Shop
Via Erizzo 113/A - 31035 Crocetta del Montello (TV)
- Once your booking has been confirmed, download the voucher that will also be sent to you via email. You will need to show it at the departure point, either printed or on your smartphone.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time. At the meeting point, a member of our staff will check your voucher and give you instructions.
- This is a shared tour so there may be other participants with you.
- Locate in time the meeting point on the map to avoid being late, especially in the event of strikes, demonstrations or bad weather: we cannot guarantee any refund (total or partial) if you do not show up at the meeting point at the agreed time or if you decide to leave the experience before its end. If you need assistance, feel free to contact us at the emergency details shown in the voucher!
- Cancellation policy: fully refundable up to 24 hours in advance
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
With this guided tour with tasting at Villa Sandi in Crocetta del Montello (TV), you will visit a splendid Venetian villa, and taste two excellent wines produced by the winery of the same name.
In addition to being the center of the estate, Villa Sandi is also the headquarters of the Moretti Polegato family, also known as the founders of the world-famous Geox footwear company.
Guided tour of Villa Sandi
Villa Sandi is a splendid 17th century Palladian style mansion. Its location, at the foot of the Prosecco hills and not far from Asolo, can be easily reached from known places such as Valdobbiadene, Asolo, Treviso and Venice.
At the entrance you will be struck by the elegant driveway, its statues and the facade dominated by an imposing pronaos, supported by four Ionic columns. On the sides of the building, you will see two wings with arches and a small church.
The guided tour will take you to the underground ancient cellar with its oak barrels and the tunnels from the First World War. You will then enter the villa, where you will admire the elegant décor of its rooms, embellished with stuccoes and bas-reliefs and wonderful 17th century Murano chandeliers.
A fascinating location steeped in history: just think that figures the likes of Napoleon Bonaparte and Antonio Canova stayed here!
At the end of the visit, you will join the guided tasting of two excellent wines of Villa Sandi: DOCG brut vintage Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore and brut Opere Trevigiane Metodo Classico, accompanied by "pan da vin".
"Pan da vin" is bread specially baked to be paired with DOCG Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore which releases a delicate flavor that does not obliterate the bubbling of Prosecco.