The Very Heart of Venice Walking Tour: from St Mark's Square to Rialto Bridge - Special Venice 1600 Years
Why choose this experience?
|1||To admire Venice in the company of an expert guide who will share the history and some anecdotes about the areas that you are going to explore|
|2||Because you will learn about every secret of St Mark’s Square and the majestic buildings which overlook it|
|3||To discover the historical commercial heart of Venice, strolling along Mercerie and in the place where the house of the great Marco Polo once stood|
- € 0.00
This tour has been already booked by 1,732 people
From 1 May to 2 November 2021Departure point:
under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square.
- COVID-19: to participate in the tour you are required to wear a face mask. Please don't forget it!
- After the confirmation of your booking, you can download a voucher, which will also be sent to you via email. Please remember that you will be requested to show a paper copy of it. Make sure you have it with you!
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time. At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- Unfortunately you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour.Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
A fascinating walking tour of Venice Italy to admire the most important and characteristic locations of this unique city.
A Venice walking itinerary between St Mark's Square and Rialto together in an amazing tour to discover the magic and history of this beautiful city: you will walk in Venice, accompanied by an expert guide and admire some of its most famous buildings.
Our Venice sightseeing itinerary begins at one of the landmarks of Venice: St Mark's Square. You will learn about the origins, its history and a description of St Mark's Square in Venice. Immersed in the atmosphere of this picturesque square, the heart of the beauty and power of Venice, you will discover what is in St Mark's Square, its ancient buildings, famous prestigious monuments and historic cafes.
The tour will continue towards Santa Maria Formosa where you will be told the story of the beautiful church and homonymous square in front of it, along with some curious anecdotes.
Still in the Castello district, the walking tour of Venice Italywill take you to Campo Santi Giovanni and Paolo. Considered one of the biggest squares of Venice, it is home to the imposing Schools of Charity and the equestrian statue of Bartolomeo Colleoni, a majestic work of Andrea del Verrocchio that captures all the charm and pride of one of the greatest captains of the fifteenth century.
The walking tour in Venice will then take you to one of its most charming corners, in which anecdotes and ancient history intersect until they merge. Venice walks will visit the place where the house of Marco Polo once stood; you will see the exterior of the famous Teatro Malibran, known for a long time as the most extravagant stage in Venice, this prestigious theatre was directed for a short time by the great Carlo Goldoni.
Finally, this poetic Venice walk and tour will take you to the main shopping street: the Mercerie, a fascinating array of narrow streets where valuable goods brought to Venice from distant markets were once sold.
Thanks to this new walking tour in Venice, you can visit St Mark's Square and some of the most charming corners of Venice. Among famous squares, majestic buildings and picturesque views of Venice, you will discover the past of Venice thanks to an interesting guided tour of the places that have made its history!