Your Own Tiepolo: Private and Personalized Guided tours in Venice and Vicenza dedicated to Giambattista Tiepolo
Why choose this experience?
|1||To discover the works and masterpieces of one of the greatest painters in the 18th century in Venice, Giambattista Tiepolo, housed in the churches and palaces of Venice and the historic buildings and villas in and around the city of Vicenza.|
|2||You will learn where Tiepolo worked and lived thanks to special private tours, specially created by our expert local guides.|
|3||You can decide to book one of the off-the-shelf guided tours or, alternatively, if you tell us which of Tiepolo’s sites you would like to visit, we will create a personalized itinerary to match your interests!|
This tour has been already booked by 8 people
All year, subject to availability of the guideDeparture point:
To be agreed
COVID-19: to participate in the tour you are required to wear a face mask. Please don't forget it!
During the booking procedure, in the 'Tour preferences' box we kindly ask you to indicate the places you would like to include in your itinerary, the departure time and point you prefer, the duration and any other information that could help us better assemble your guided tour (for example if there will be children, people with physical impairments and similar.).
- As the tour is sold 'per service' and not 'per person', there aren't any reductions available. Under the field ‘n° of adults’, please enter the exact number of participants, including children.
- We recommend that you arrive at the agreed meeting point at least 10 minutes before the indicated departure time.
- The cost of entry tickets to the various sites is not included in the tour price. Some tickets can be purchased online in advance, others directly on site. Here are some prices:
Cumulative ticket for the sites in Vicenza included in itinerary n°1: € 21.00 full price, € 17.00 reduced - Buy your ticket here: 'Tiepolo 250: Ticket to visit Tiepolo's places in Vicenza'Sites in Venice included in itinerary n°2:
- Scuola Grande dei Carmini: full € 7.00, reduced € 5.00
- Ca 'Rezzonico: € 12.00 full price, € 10.50 reduced - Buy your ticket here: 'Ca' Rezzonico - 18th Century Venetian Art Museum'
Churches of Venice included in itinerary n°3:
- Santa Maria di Nazareth (Scalzi): free
- Sant’Alvise: € 3.00 full price, € 1.50 reduced
- San Stae: € 3.00 full, € 1.50 reduced
- Gesuati: € 3.00 full, € 1.50 reduced
or combined ticket 'Chorus': € 12.00 full, € 8.00 reduced
Unfortunately, you cannot be refunded (neither totally nor partially) if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on the voucher or if you leave before the end of the tour. Therefore, we advise you to locate in advance the meeting point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that would prevent you from being on time, especially in case of public transport strikes, great events or bad weather. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at our emergency contacts indicated on the voucher you will get at the end of the reservation.
In exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures,serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service after which it is really impossible to find a substitute) the service you booked might be cancelled. If this should happen, you will be informed as soon as possible and, according to the type of service you booked, you will have the possibility to choose between postponing the service on the first date available or receiving a total refund of the price paid, if the cancellation policy of the service itself allows a refund.
Giambattista Tiepolo was one of the greatest names in the art of painting in the 18th century in Venice. He was famous for his luminous and brilliant style, that, even in the present day, is a source of wonder and charm to those admiring his paintings.
And that's exactly what we want to do: we want to impress and charm you and take you on a visit to the great places of Tiepolo, which are evidence of his genius and his indisputable artistic talent.
He worked throughout Europe from Venice to Bavaria, Sweden to Madrid, sought-after and in great demand amongst collectors, patrons, princes and sovereigns. Our intention, however, is to present the figure of Tiepolo at the times of the Serenissima, and reveal all the traits of his artistic work in the many frescoes of the palaces, churches and villas where he worked, scattered around the cities and farmland in the Veneto region.
To do this, we have designed three ideas of private guided itineraries on Tiepolo, exploring the areas around Venice and Vicenza, which have been conceived and put together by our local guides, who are driven by their great passion towards 'the last true decorator': you will see where Giambattista Tiepolo lived and worked, admire up close his masterpieces and compare the different themes depicted.
But there is more to it: you can decide to book one of these three Tiepolo private guided tours, with all their details already planned, or alternatively you can tell us which places you would like to include in your thematic tour on Tiepolo and let us know about the day and time of visit that are best for you... We will take care of creating the perfect itinerary for you to meet your interests and requests!
Trust the experience and engaging passion of our guides and you will relish the best of the last great representative of Venetian painting!
Here we offer you three ideas of guided tours of Tiepolo's works to make you enjoy a truly unique and original experience. Starting from these ideas, you can help us tailor the Tiepolo guided tours that you think best matches what you are interested in.
1) TIEPOLO IN VICENZA (duration: about 6 hours; location: Vicenza)
Between 1734 and 1757 Giambattista Tiepolo was commissioned by the wealthy families of Vicenza to decorate the interiors of their villas and palaces. Thanks to this guided tour of Tiepolo in Vicenza you will be able to admire the frescoes and works housed in the most important sites in the area:
- Villa Zileri Motterle: here young Tiepolo, not yet an established painter, painted the noble hall of the villa on commission by Nicolò Loschi, with twelve frescoes representing the Glory and Virtues of the client's family.
- Villa Cordellina Lombardi: in 1743 Tiepolo was asked by the lawyer Carlo Cordellina to fresco the villa of the same name in Montecchio Maggiore with scenes inspired by the life of African Scipio and Alexander the Great.
- Villa Valmarana ai Nani: in 1757 the artist created a wonderful cycle of frescoes at the villa of Giustino Valmarana, painting characters inspired by the poems of the classical epic and Italian literature of the 16th century.
- Civic Museum of Palazzo Chiericati: here you can visit the rooms dedicated to the Venetian painter and admire wonderful works such as 'The Immaculate Conception' and 'Time Unveiling Truth’.
- Palazzo Barbaran da Porto (Palladio Museum): here it is possible to admire the wonderful frescoes of his son Giandomenico 'Il Palladianista'.
2) GREAT TIEPOLO: SCUOLA GRANDE DEI CARMINI AND CA 'REZZONICO IN VENICE (duration: about 3 hours; location: Venice)
This guided tour in Tiepolo in Venice will take you on an immersive journey in the later-in-life and conscious art of Tiepolo, the result of the numerous experiences he had in various European courts. An itinerary in the very heart of Venice, in two absolutely representative places:
- Scuola Grande dei Carmini: the scuola was dedicated, since the Middle Ages, to charitable works to help the poor and sick. In the 1600s the building was lavishly transformed and became one of the most prestigious secular brotherhoods in Venice. For this reason, Tiepolo was tasked with decorating the magnificent ceiling of the Sala Capitolare. In here he created a complex and fascinating theological and moralistic cycle, rich in symbols and references to the virtues of charity and fortitude, the cornerstones of the brotherhood.
- Ca 'Rezzonico: in this historic Venetian palace you will admire Giambattista’s frescoes commissioned by the powerful Rezzonico family and others by his son Giandomenico salvaged from the family villa in Zianigo.
3) TIEPOLO IN THE CHURCHES OF VENICE (duration: about 4 hours; location: Venice)
For those who want to know the more mystical and introspective side of Tiepolo's painting, this is the perfect private guided tour: entering four marvelous churches located in the most fascinating areas of the city on the water, between the Cannaregio and Dorsoduro districts, you will appreciate the majesty and spiritual power of Giambattista Tiepolo's sacred painting:
- Church of Santa Maria di Nazareth (agli Scalzi): you will admire the brightness of the Tiepolo paintings in the apse;
- Church of Sant'Alvise: Tiepolo narrates the Passion of Christ with precise brushstrokes, which here take on an extremely dramatic and touching character;
- Church of San Stae: the works housed here show Tiepolo still tied to his early days’ traits, influenced by the painting of the tenebrosi ("shadowists") which he had learned from his master, Giambattista Piazzetta.
- Church of the Gesuati: here Tiepolo creates the first frescoed ceiling in a church in Venice, starting a tradition that will see him depict unexpected glimpses and expanding walls, with the earth and the sky in direct connection.
If you want to find out more about Giambattista Tiepolo and the other initiatives organised to celebrate the 250th anniversary of his death, take a look at our Special Tiepolo 250!
Skip The Line Guided Visit of Accademia Galleries and Unusual Venice Walking Tour
Private guided tour to Ca' Rezzonico - Museum of Eighteenth Century Venice